Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

B2102 - ignition run/start input circuit high

Old 11-21-2018, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B2102 - ignition run/start input circuit high

Any one have an issue/experience with fault code "B2102 - IGNITION RUN/START INPUT CIRCUIT HIGH"?
My wife has a stock 2015 wrangler 2dr. She was out running taking care of pre thanksgiving to dos, and after stopping at 1 store, jumps back in, and it cranks and cranks, but never fires.
Finally got it towed back home , I read and reset the codes... still no good, pulled the IOD fuse for a minute, no difference.
We the two FOBS we have for it, both work fine for remote entry, both will allow the jeep to crank, but never fires.

TIA.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

When the TIPM receives a CAN Bus message that indicates the ignition switch is in the OFF/LOCK position, while the hardwired Run/Start input indicates the ignition switch is in the RUN/START position, this code will be set.

The problem could be a bad TIPM, or a chafed wire in the ignition switch circuit with a short to 12 volts.

To see if it's the ignition switch circuit, you will have to turn the ignition off, remove connector C7 under the TIPM, and check for 12 volts at pin 30 on the harness connector. If it has 12 volts on it, there is a short to 12 volts.

Last edited by ronjenx; 11-22-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2018, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
When the TIPM receives a CAN Bus message that indicates the ignition switch is in the OFF/LOCK position, while the hardwired Run/Start input indicates the ignition switch is in the RUN/START position, this code will be set.

The problem could be a bad TIPM, or a chafed wire in the ignition switch circuit with a short to 12 volts.

To see if it's the ignition switch circuit, you will have to turn the ignition off, remove connector C7 under the TIPM, and check for 12 volts at pin 30 on the harness connector. If it has 12 volts on it, there is a short to 12 volts.
Thanks, waiting it to warm up a bit, worried about breaking plastic on these darn connectors.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all for the input.So check the voltages, and all seemed fine. At the start of this I cleared the code, and it hasn't come back, but the thing wouldn't fire. I never smelled gas, and checked, no gas on the rail. The pump has voltage out of the TIPM.Didn't feel like pulling the tank on this cold weekend, brought it to the shop I've been going to for 35 years, they too said the fuel pump. It's now running and the the code hasn't returned. I'm wondering if the code was from the 3 attempts from the well meaning people and auto club that tried to help with a jump start... (on a motor that was cranking just fine and strong... ;( at least they meant well.) .

Quick Reply: B2102 - ignition run/start input circuit high