Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
View Poll Results: Has your axel seal failed? Take the freaking poll!
Yes one has!
39.09%
Both failed!
10.29%
No, nothing yet.
48.35%
Whats an axel seal?
2.26%
Voters: 486. You may not vote on this poll

Axel seal problem poll.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have. 2013 JKU and Chrysler just replaced the whole axel housing because my diff cover would not seal properly after 4 different tries. They said it was slightly warped. No leaks now!
Old 09-28-2016, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine failed around 150k km.I didn't read
the hole thread so I don't no if it's been posted but seal life is based on fluid level and fluid replacement on proper maintenance scedual , metal particals can can build up in the fluid also dirt rust in the axle tubes may damage the seal as well.
Another major case of seal damage is inproper instalation of axle shafts when replacing or repairing , you have to make sure the shaft is greesed up or well lubed before reinstalling or the splines can cut the seal. You might want to consider if you are a DYI person who does the seal job yourself, replace worn axle joints, ball joints and any other thing that requires axle shaft removal at the same time to prevent future seal damege on reinstalling also adding aftermarket outer axle seals to keep dirt and crude buildup in the axle tubes . I also added a super stronge new rare earth magnet salvaged from an old hard drive to the axle gear case.

Last edited by JeeP_MarK; 09-28-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Axel seal problem poll.