Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto Unlimited - Will flashing the CPU Help at all?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Unlimited - Will flashing the CPU Help at all?

I've been searching and reading several posts about Auto vs. Manual. I even came across my own post from a month ago.

I have owned 3 Unlimited JKs so far. 2 Manual (1 Rubi, 1 X w/3.73s) and 1 Auto Rubi. I really enjoyed driving the manual better than the auto.

That said, I have an opportunity to scoop up an almost new Rubicon for a really good price. Unfortunately it's automagic!...

So... Will applying any of the performance chips to adjust shift points and such help at all?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hypractv
I've been searching and reading several posts about Auto vs. Manual. I even came across my own post from a month ago.

I have owned 3 Unlimited JKs so far. 2 Manual (1 Rubi, 1 X w/3.73s) and 1 Auto Rubi. I really enjoyed driving the manual better than the auto.

That said, I have an opportunity to scoop up an almost new Rubicon for a really good price. Unfortunately it's automagic!...

So... Will applying any of the performance chips to adjust shift points and such help at all?
Yes. The flashpaq is the way to go.

Flash
Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump... Anyone else have an opinion here?

Quick Reply: Auto Unlimited - Will flashing the CPU Help at all?