Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto Trans oil temp warning system

Old 03-16-2010, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
It is just a flash, and nothing else.
This implies that the trans fluid temp sensor already exists from the factory and that it merely requires a computer upgrade to enable the monitoring of the sensor. Does that sensor actually exist?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

It seems that only the 2008's are getting the recall letter. On the other tranny recall thread I personally went through 14 pages and counted all the "I got the letter" remarks. It was always the 08 JK's that said that, but I thought both the 07's and 08's were part of the recall.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrktt
This implies that the trans fluid temp sensor already exists from the factory and that it merely requires a computer upgrade to enable the monitoring of the sensor. Does that sensor actually exist?
it does exist. the gauges that read from the OBDII port can report the info. for example, Aeroforce interceptor gauges.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

2007 Unlimited w/ Automatic. Superchips Flashpaq does not read Auto Trans Fluid temp; when selecting that data for display the box is blank.

I posted this question at Superchips Forum:
"Will the Flashpaq require an upgrade to support the new trans temp sensor data?"

The reply:
"Yes, it will most likely will. try to tune the Jeep afterwards, it may come back with "needs update", then just update the tuner. Then you should be able to reload afterwards."

Quick Reply: Auto Trans oil temp warning system