Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto Tranny Recall for 2009 & 2010???

Old 07-18-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by meljr
I took mine in just the way it was (I have used Procal to turn off low-tire pressure warning, center steering wheel and correct speedo). The dealer did the J30 and didn't say a thing about my using a programmer. All my programming was still intact when the job was done and I got a free car wash thrown in for good measure.

-meljr
Well then, see if your programmer will still connect to your vehicle.

Could be only the tuners are at risk of becoming unusable..

When I asked my dealer about getting a programmer for turning on DRL (ProCal), he said, "Be careful what you do. If we see it, it will void the warranty."
Old 07-18-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carnut08
Everything I've read about installing a hot oil warning has been written about the '07 & '08 model year JKs.

Mine's an '09 and today I got a recall notice for the same issue that says it's for 2009 & 2010 model year JKs.

Anybody else get this notice? What's going on? Why did they first recall only the '07 & '08 model years?

Is there a difference in the issue or the 'fix' between the two recalls???
As best as i can tell there is no difference between the fixes. With a 10/2009 build date I was surprised this "fix" wasn't included in the build. Just got the notice yesterday but had the flash done a month ago. I do a recall search based on the VIN at the JEEP website every couple of months, just to stay current. No issues following the flash.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the notice also for my 2009. Do they make a kit for an auxilary cooler?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So they have some trannies overheat, getting hot enough to cause the fluid to overflow and burning up a few Jeeps. And their fix is to put a "chime" on it to tell you to stop because your tranny is probably at 260 degrees.

The chime should come with a voice that each time it dings says "your tranny just aged 10 thousand miles"

While not one of the "fun" mods that enhance capabilities, I would skip the flash and put in a tranny cooler and a gauge to monitor tranny temp. Especially if you wheel in the hotter climates.

Last edited by Yankee; 07-19-2010 at 05:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Auto Tranny Recall for 2009 & 2010???