Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Auto Climate Control concerns

Old 08-06-2018, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Auto Climate Control concerns

Late 12-21-17 I picked up my special ordered 2018 Jeep JK Rubicon Recon that came thru with Auto Climate Control. Here are my concerns. All my selections worked great except the Defroster blows cold air unless I turn the knob to the last selection. I do not have it set to auto. I ask the dealer and they said its normal. The A/C during these super hot works great. I did notice if I open the driver's window about 2-3 inches the defroster will blow warm air if the selector is set to upper and mid section and I set the temperature dial to 78 degrees when it's cooler in the late evening or early morning to remove some windshield condensation. I've read a lot of owners with jeep that have auto climate control have the same issues. Does anyone have any thoughts about reverting this system back to a manual system? Appreciate any ideas!
Old 08-07-2018, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Do yo have the central control system on the radio? If so (I know we don't like to read these) check the owner manuals as they will be able to tell you how to reporgram the cabin climate system.

Quick Reply: Auto Climate Control concerns