Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone use the Bestop HOSS window storage duffle?

Old 04-13-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use the Bestop HOSS window storage duffle?

Just wondering if anyone has this to store windows? There are a few out there I know, but I am leaning towards this one. I know the clover patch is also popular. Any thoughts on the HOSS (good or bad) would be awesome. Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AHunter
Just wondering if anyone has this to store windows? There are a few out there I know, but I am leaning towards this one. I know the clover patch is also popular. Any thoughts on the HOSS (good or bad) would be awesome. Thanks
I have it. It's without a doubt overpriced but it's a nice product. It keeps the windows nicely divided when stored. Just make sure there isn't any debris that will scratch when they are stored. I'd recommend it, just try to score a deal on one.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AHunter
I have the HOSS. I like it. It is one piece and easy to use. You don't have to roll it then wrestle into a separate bag. Like Airjordan613 said, its better if your windows are clean.

Also, the HOSS easily rolls up the short way (e.g., left to right) not the long way (bottom to top) so it is shorter and fatter than the clover-patch when rolled.
And because it is one piece, the inside cloths never have to touch the ground when you roll it up.

Q-tec has the HOSS for a few bucks cheaper, thereby sealing the deal for me if I was buying another.

Plenty of folks use a few old towels and the bag from a collapsible chair for the same clover-patch result!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Do they work with the 2011 Rear Window?

I have the Mopar bag which I used with my '07 4dr, no complaints about the bag at all (by the way).

BUT I now have a 2011 4dr, at the weekend I switched tops, Sunday morning was bright and dry so Top Down, but I discovered that the rear window in the '11 is about 4-5" longer, it doesn't fit in my old bag

So my question.... is do you know if either the Clover of Bestop Duffle fit a 2011 4dr rear window?

EDIT
Also any opinions on the Smitty bag http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/106.htm

Last edited by rob_p; 04-26-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rob_p
I have the Mopar bag which I used with my '07 4dr, no complaints about the bag at all (by the way).

BUT I now have a 2011 4dr, at the weekend I switched tops, Sunday morning was bright and dry so Top Down, but I discovered that the rear window in the '11 is about 4-5" longer, it doesn't fit in my old bag

So my question.... is do you know if either the Clover of Bestop Duffle fit a 2011 4dr rear window?

Thanks

I happen to have my Bestop HOSS Duffle right here at hand! A quick measure shows it to be about 31 inches wide and 61 inches long.

I'm surprised the windows have changed in size that dramatically. Which window? rear, as in tailgate? How can it be longer, did the tops change that much!?!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for that.
I will measure the bag/window tonight and let you know.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jiblet
Plenty of folks use a few old towels and the bag from a collapsible chair for the same clover-patch result!!
I did something similar.

IKEA, not sure if they're located across the country or not, sell small black micro fleece blankets for $3.99 a piece. I just bought (4) of those as the window dividers and then roll it up like the clover. Secure with a strap, store under the back seats or to the tailgate.

In the winter, these blankets are rolled up individually under the back seat for passengers if needed.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I happen to have my Bestop HOSS Duffle right here at hand! A quick measure shows it to be about 31 inches wide and 61 inches long.

I'm surprised the windows have changed in size that dramatically. Which window? rear, as in tailgate? How can it be longer, did the tops change that much!?!
Yep, the rear windos and tailgate window were all enlarged on the 2011's. The rear tailgate window, which used to align with the actual tailgate, now extends both left and right of the tailgate by 2-3 inches each side.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by roadking54
Yep, the rear windos and tailgate window were all enlarged on the 2011's. The rear tailgate window, which used to align with the actual tailgate, now extends both left and right of the tailgate by 2-3 inches each side.
no kidding; I wonder why they changed?

I guess I'll have to stop by the lot and check them out.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Measure my rear window tonight it's 53" so the HOSS Duffle will work great - thx, guess I will sell the Mopar bag.

You can see in the pick below how the window extends beyond the width of the tailgate.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3549017931.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	154241  

Quick Reply: Anyone use the Bestop HOSS window storage duffle?