Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone having issues after 3.6 penta fix?

Old 06-11-2014, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default just wait for the code , thats what im doing rather than argue with them its a

known fact that all 12s have bad heads it appears im still waiting for a code , it ticks but im not wasting my breath and gas going there to have them say cant do it till it codes . 22,000 miles ticker but not loud
Old 06-11-2014, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
known fact that all 12s have bad heads it appears im still waiting for a code , it ticks but im not wasting my breath and gas going there to have them say cant do it till it codes . 22,000 miles ticker but not loud
I have a 12 built in early 2011. 30,xxx miles and no issues yet.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Mine will quit after warranty ends lol
Old 06-11-2014, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cormac827

Mine will quit after warranty ends lol
Haha that is what I'm afraid of too. I only put about 5k miles per year on mine so the 5 years will be gone way before the 100k miles are put on it. I had my 2005 TJU for 5 years and only put 14k miles on it.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

My build date is 2/12 so I must have the problem head? Just no issue as of yet
My January 2012 build has 46,000 miles. Runs perfect. No tick. Even towed trailer weighing over 4000 pounds for over 5000 miles in 95 degree temperature.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Default yeh i think ours were on order same time

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
mine was a november build 2011 even though it was a 2012 i ordered in october an recieved it end of november

it ticks but not as loud as some i hear on videos , time will tell if they detonate i guess maybe they wont throw the code at all , who knows
im beginning to not care . Ill cross that bridge when i come to it .
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
mine was a november build 2011 even though it was a 2012 i ordered in october an recieved it end of november it ticks but not as loud as some i hear on videos , time will tell if they detonate i guess maybe they wont throw the code at all , who knows im beginning to not care . Ill cross that bridge when i come to it .
I'm just worried it will throw the code after my warranty is up.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Default u have 3 more years if its gonna code id imagine it would be within

I'm just worried it will throw the code after my warranty is up.
that time frame or trade it in in 3 more years and buy something other than chrysler . If thats how they want to treat people who spend 25 to 35.ooo , you can play that game too . Dont buy one again. If enough people feel this way , let them find other idiots that are willing to put up with junk!

Its not like you or i or many others out there are a minority .Its chrysler pushing out junk and getting the consumer to fall for it cuz they want to ride a popular vehicle . Me myself would have no issue going back to a full size pick up truck 4x4 , they go just about anywhere with no issues at all too . Im not rock crawling so it makes no difference to me . I bought jeep cuz i thought it would be dependable a sport then a rubicon, only to find both were riddled with poor manufacturing tolerances and cheap front end parts and crappy transmissions , thuds and clunks and constantly wondering if i will get to where im going half the time after dropping 35,000 i doubt id leave state with it. most unreliable vehicle ive owned in 35 years of driving besides the ram truck i had to file lemon law on in the early 80s another chrysler product the directional fell off in hand , all windows leaked the clutch pedal fell to floor i had to pull the emergency brake to keep from driving into my girlfriends grandparents house lol A shuddering transmission they could not fix . ( I thought a Jeep would be different , i was wrong ! ) Ive never been to such ignorant dealerships in my life to boot. Like every one on all these forums say, the dealers all say the same things . ( its normal or all jeeps do this ), o(r i dont hear it ) or (can not duplicate the the customers complaint), or one excuse after another . or(we have to clear it through chrysler )and never do . since when is a leaky gasket conciderd weeping ? chrysler will not fix a weeping gaskets it has to be pouring out , its a bit late when that happens on your dime . I had a bad u joint in my rubicon They said it would have to be approved to replace due to the fact chrysler dosent install new driveshafts just because they spew greese out the seals ,only when they break . yeh ok right
btw a u joint cant be replace on drive shaft due to its a whole drive shaft replacement 900.00 dollars for the part lol i have no lift so it wasnt due to anything of that sort . The first jeep i owned in 2011 leaked awful the dealer would not order a new one they said they all leak and chrysler wont replace it due to it would only happen again . Funny thing my 2012 rubicon does not leak hmmmmmm whos lying?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone having issues after 3.6 penta fix?