Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone have axle seal problems ??

Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah mine is -.07 too and I have done only mild fire roads
Old 06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my JK Rubi Unlmtd back from the dealer with a new frt right shaft and seal. Way too early to tell yet but so far so good. IF the leak starts again, they said we were probably looking at a whole new axle replacement. The one thing I have going for me is that this leaking problem is on the Jeep Co. service database from the beginning 2-3 weeks after I bought it. So they know this problem was bad from the start. IF I end up getting a whole new axle and IF it were to start leaking like this, it would be time to patch it and trade it. I LOVE Jeep, but I gotta have something without this grief.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2010 rubicon and i have had my front axle seals replaced three times, everytime the dealership replaces them i have to take it back in just to get the diff cover sealed again. I have C gussets and inner axlesleeves installed by off road evolution do u think that the heat from welding could have screwed anything up, i mean this is ridiculous three times in one year, and there leaking now so i have to take it in and that will be four times!!! Does anyone have any advice???
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default JK axle seals also out @ 10,000mi

Mine too. "07 Unlimited axle seals went out @ 10,000mi. Now have 85K and still haven't had a chance to slow down long enough to get them fixed.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

rear seal on drivers side leaking @ 90K still under warranty

Quick Reply: Anyone have axle seal problems ??