Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone have any ideas?!

Old 07-07-2015, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
This is one of the reasons why I'm considering a different manufacturer for my next vehicle. Jeep is not standing behind their product and admits to putting families in unsafe vehicles but will do nothing about until a recall or extended warranty is issued and admitted the issue was caused by them. Yes they openly did this to me over the phone when I had a "case manager".
Trust me its not just Chrysler that is this way. Dealers do their best to reduce the number of warranty repairs they do so they look good plus a good portion of techs just don't know enough. I have had the issue with Chrysler myself and now with Hyundai on my wofes car. The other big two aren't much better period.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Its-a-JK

Trust me its not just Chrysler that is this way. Dealers do their best to reduce the number of warranty repairs they do so they look good plus a good portion of techs just don't know enough. I have had the issue with Chrysler myself and now with Hyundai on my wofes car. The other big two aren't much better period.
Yea I'm thinking of going with a tundra or a wrx sti. Lol. Two good companies with some of the most reliable vehicles.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Yea I'm thinking of going with a tundra or a wrx sti. Lol. Two good companies with some of the most reliable vehicles.
I know its another Chrysler vehicle but I personally think the RAM is the nicest truck on the market today and with the Eco diesel option can get fantastic mpg. The Tundra even though refreshed is still more dated than the competition in all ways, slightly more fuel hungry as well as slightly heavier, more dated drive line, etc and remember Toyota isn't without its skeletons. If you remember the recent issues with sudden acceleration the plagued them for a few years, recalls of 7.4 million units in 2012 and 800K in 2013 and the $17 million fine for not reporting flaws (Honda also was fined for this). If you go for the Tundra wait until its redesigned but between Toyota and Subaru I will say Subaru is the better company.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Yep. Got about 2.5 yrs out of mine before its sudden death. No warning. Good one day - dead the next.
Absolutely correct!
I went thru this about 1 year ago. Do a search about batteries. you will see many have had the same problem. My wife drove ours to get coffee before work. Started fine at home. Came out of coffee shop, had the same flashing lights all over the dash. Got it jumped and made it to work. Went out to go to lunch, wouldnt start, flashing lights all over the dash, and then dead. Nothing. I went and took the battery out brought it to the dealer and they said it was dead. New OEM replacement was only going to be $295 installed........ And they are only good for 2 years. They know something is wrong and will only sell you a 2 year battery. I said no thanks, went to local Farm and Fleet, bought the best 84 month battery they had and never looked back!

Quick Reply: Anyone have any ideas?!