Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anyone have any ideas?!

Old 07-04-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by TMPEARSON
Ok yall. Dealer cannot find anything wrong with it. They cleared all the codes and it's running fine... Then to top it off they had a porter cruise around in it trying to make it happen again! So now they just want to give it back to me without having done anything but plug it in and erase codes...... Knowing that the warrenty will be running out soon..... I'm sure there's no coincidence there right? Now I'm just not sure what the hell to do. I WANT my Jeep.... But want it fixed......arggggggggg
Did you have battery tested yourself? Most auto parts stores will do for free. And it is covered under your basic, three year, 36 month warranty. IOW: Full, free replacement (with another crummy OEM battery).
Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try taking it to another Jeep dealer. Something doesn't smell right with them not following through with fixing.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Another dealer is not really a viable option. There are two smaller jeep dealers around but both are backed up for service (go figure). My big concern is since the current dealer is doing no repair other than clearing codes.... Let's say this doesn't reoccur until 36001 miles.... Then what? I'm just stuck with any real repair myself? Or since I'll be making them give me paperwork on them doing no repair will they be liable for the repeat issue ?

Also. I've contacted Jeep Customer Support line. Been assigned a "case manager" ( who I have little faith in already). They are supposed to instruct dealer on how to fix the real issue.... But have yet to contact dealer.... And I'm supposed to pick up my jeep tomorrow..... Ugh. Very very frustrated over this whole mess now
Old 07-05-2015, 11:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another dealer is not really a viable option. There are two smaller jeep dealers around but both are backed up for service (go figure). My big concern is since the current dealer is doing no repair other than clearing codes.... Let's say this doesn't reoccur until 36001 miles.... Then what? I'm just stuck with any real repair myself? Or since I'll be making them give me paperwork on them doing no repair will they be liable for the repeat issue ?

Also. I've contacted Jeep Customer Support line. Been assigned a "case manager" ( who I have little faith in already). They are supposed to instruct dealer on how to fix the real issue.... But have yet to contact dealer.... And I'm supposed to pick up my jeep tomorrow..... Ugh. Very very frustrated over this whole mess now
This is one of the reasons why I'm considering a different manufacturer for my next vehicle. Jeep is not standing behind their product and admits to putting families in unsafe vehicles but will do nothing about until a recall or extended warranty is issued and admitted the issue was caused by them. Yes they openly did this to me over the phone when I had a "case manager".
Old 07-06-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Recent story of a buddy of mine.. threw a cam shaft sensor code.. Went into dealer and they replaced the sensor. Came back with multiple new problems similar to yours, primarily during acceleration. Two more trips to dealer and found nothing.. They kept wanting to blame his trucklites which is stupid.. Finally he figured out that the dealer had undone some zip ties on the winch power line.. under acceleration, the cable would come close to a drive pulley and cause sporadic shorts to ground causing everything to go nuts.. Other buddy had a Rubicon that had gotten water into the swaybar disconnect.. The errors on the canbus caused random signals.. Removed and cleaned contacts, and now everything is great. Conclusion: canbus sucks. Think about things that might have gotten wet or your accessories first.. trace all wires carefully. Chances are you are going to do a better job diagnosing it than the dealer.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Orangedude, thanx for the real world stories n tips. I'll be picking it up today from dealer and going over all my electric wiring. I'll check my winch wire routing since it's the only current accessory I have on electric.. Also be checking all the stock connections.
Also Jeep customer care line, is offering me a free maintenance contract for my jeep.. As in oil changes .... I have not taken it yet.. Said I'll think about it.... This whole event just has me a bit annoyed and frustrated . I figure I'll probably find some simple loose ground or battery connection once I get it home.... We'll see...
Old 07-06-2015, 07:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orangedude, thanx for the real world stories n tips. I'll be picking it up today from dealer and going over all my electric wiring. I'll check my winch wire routing since it's the only current accessory I have on electric.. Also be checking all the stock connections.
Also Jeep customer care line, is offering me a free maintenance contract for my jeep.. As in oil changes .... I have not taken it yet.. Said I'll think about it.... This whole event just has me a bit annoyed and frustrated . I figure I'll probably find some simple loose ground or battery connection once I get it home.... We'll see...
If it does it again, knock on tip of the fuse box in front of the battery. That's the TIPM. Probably not the issue but it could be. If everything stops after knocking on it then you ha e a bad tipm which really they can only diagnose if it acts up
Old 07-07-2015, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Ok... So.... Picked my Jeep up from dealer... All they really did was clear the codes. They have no clue as per the cause. I checked all battery connections, all good n tight. Checked all the grounds I could find, again.. All tight. Popped oped fuse box under the hood. Found one relay that must have worked loose... Pushed it in tight. All others looked good. But if that one relay were the issue , I should have had my dash light up again. Basically it's just documented now and that's it.....not really what I was hoping for. But Jeeps back on the road , so I guess I should be content?
Old 07-07-2015, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock battery is crap. They seem to have about a 2 year life span.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RoysRig
Stock battery is crap. They seem to have about a 2 year life span.
Yep. Got about 2.5 yrs out of mine before its sudden death. No warning. Good one day - dead the next.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any ideas?!