Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

anyone else have a 2012 Artic edition?

Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else have a 2012 Artic edition?

my driver seat is having an issue with the seat cushion being baggy and not tight to the seat. I took it to the dealer. They took photos and are sending them to Jeep. this happened after driving for a week, I am not that big that this would start happening allready. The artic has a special interior , that is why I'm asking about this model, Thanks.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 2011 70th Anna. does the same thing.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Did the dealer fix the seat.

Did the dealer fix?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if you guys have leather or not, but if you don't you might be able to steam the foam and bring it back some. Worst comse to worse you could remove the seat skin and put some more foam under there.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not really sure why it would be doing that, but they are pretty cool looking rigs. Saw one this morning on my way to work. The arctic ice blue color or whatever it's called looked pretty neat with a color matched hard top.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by porschebreath
my driver seat is having an issue with the seat cushion being baggy and not tight to the seat. I took it to the dealer. They took photos and are sending them to Jeep. this happened after driving for a week, I am not that big that this would start happening allready. The artic has a special interior , that is why I'm asking about this model, Thanks.
i have the same rig but have not noticed this problem...can you post some pics?
Old 02-17-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
I don't know if you guys have leather or not, but if you don't you might be able to steam the foam and bring it back some. Worst comse to worse you could remove the seat skin and put some more foam under there.
Why not have the dealer fix it. Warranty. DUH.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by porschebreath
I just barley bought an Artic Edition last week. I love it! The seats are holding up so far. Sure hope mine doesn't start doing the same thing. Let me know what happens to yours.

I just put a Terraflex 2.5" budget boost on mine and it really helps to beef up the look.https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.png
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

I would love to see some pics of the seats that went bad...I wonder if the heated part of the seats caused this...I use mine a lot as its been cold here.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

I bought my arctic 21 feb 2012. I'm 6'4 and 305 lbs. if the seat distorts or has a defect then it will happen to mine because of my size.

Quick Reply: anyone else have a 2012 Artic edition?