Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Any other "07"s need piston rings

Old 04-04-2011, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen any post where proof of service was ever demanded, Chrysler just seems to refuse to honor their warranty for erroneous reasons. Most likely the only place the receipts are going to do you any good are in a court room.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jvic
I told them about that they said they are doing everything that needs to be done to see if anything else is wrong or damaged from this issue and that this will fix the problem. Driving it yesterday and seems like its missing under acceleration? Might just be timing or computer trying to reset parameters again? What little i drove it today seems to be not in every gear now.

Hate to love this thing!
Jvic
Mine started missing after the piston rings were replaced that's when they said the #4 cylinder was out of round, it was due to improper rings or installation according to the extended warranty company's inspector.

I got my Jeep back on Tuesday. My engine block was replaced it SEEMS to run fine now, but it's only been a few days and not very many miles. The mechanic was supposed to get me the code off the back, but hasn't called yet, probably won't!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck man

Took my heep in yesterday and the dealer says it's already done Supposedly the transmission vent tube was clogged making oil seep out of the vent and go down the bell housing to the bottom of the seal. They also said that the Jeep sounds like a tractor because there is a ticking in the drivers side exhaust manifold, which it has to go to my original dealership for. Nobody wants to fix my drivers side door or my parking brake or look at the wheel speed sensor that goes on and off. So hopefully the Jeep will now hold enough oil until something else breaks. Maybe somebody will hit me since it's all fixed now... supposedly
Old 04-12-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

Reiper

I really wish you would not have said that... I told them about your issue and they said (like i said before) they will make sure everything is good. Seems like im just following in your footsteps... tried to take it in today to dealer but working late everyday and cant make it in. Ill keep you posted.

Yea you will prolly never hear from that guy.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know what it takes for them to start a recall?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smizar
Anyone know what it takes for them to start a recall?
I'm no expert, but seems like a major safety issue or a class action lawsuit before a recall is issued. Otherwise, it seems like they will do their best to avoid the issue.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an update for what has been going on with my Jeep.

The persistent oil leak was deemed to be the transmission oil because the dye that was put into the engine oil was not seen in the UV test. It was supposedly a transmission vent that was clogged and seeping out the sides because of raised temperature in the transmission. So supposedly that was fixed but the Jeep continues to have oil on the bottom of the bell housing.

Anyway the Jeep still sounded like a tractor and the dealer foudn that it was the exhaust manifold that was cracked, and they were also going to hook me up with driver side door bushings. Sounds great right? nope. I have recently had a shudder that feels like i'm driving over rumbling strips at ~44mph and 1100 to 1400 RPM.

Jeep went in and the manifold and bushings were fixed, also, they could not replicate the shudder even given the parameters, and also said the TSB's on Project JK didn't apply to my 2007 Jeep which shudders like rumble strips.

They also handed me an envelope and sad be sure to have my parents (i'm 19 and Jeep is in mom's name) and the other dealer look at this envelope.

The dealership has VOIDED my extended power train warranty we purchased through them. They claim that I have misused and abused my Jeep, as well as neglected it.

ALL the repairs performed were for oil leaks and recalls, and these latest are from the exhaust manifold and door bushings. I have never broken anything off road, and have never brought my Jeep to the dealership for something going wrong after an offroading trip. My Jeep has not been off the pavement since novemebr of 2010, and i have never been "stupid" offraod and have never even gotten stuck, because i sta so safe.

Attached in the envelope were pictures of my Jeep at a local offroad park. The service manager went on my Facebook account and printed my pictures for evidence of abuse and neglect.

I have had a case with chrysler over the oil leaks and problems and have contacted my case manager about the problem and he's talking to the dealer tomorrow. I am going to try and get a meeting with the dealership owner to discuss the matter, as i have filed two formal complaints against the very service department that has decided to void my extended powertrain warranty that we bought when we order the vehicle new back in 2007.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Just an update for what has been going on with my Jeep.

The persistent oil leak was deemed to be the transmission oil because the dye that was put into the engine oil was not seen in the UV test. It was supposedly a transmission vent that was clogged and seeping out the sides because of raised temperature in the transmission. So supposedly that was fixed but the Jeep continues to have oil on the bottom of the bell housing.

Anyway the Jeep still sounded like a tractor and the dealer foudn that it was the exhaust manifold that was cracked, and they were also going to hook me up with driver side door bushings. Sounds great right? nope. I have recently had a shudder that feels like i'm driving over rumbling strips at ~44mph and 1100 to 1400 RPM.

Jeep went in and the manifold and bushings were fixed, also, they could not replicate the shudder even given the parameters, and also said the TSB's on Project JK didn't apply to my 2007 Jeep which shudders like rumble strips.

They also handed me an envelope and sad be sure to have my parents (i'm 19 and Jeep is in mom's name) and the other dealer look at this envelope.

The dealership has VOIDED my extended power train warranty we purchased through them. They claim that I have misused and abused my Jeep, as well as neglected it.

ALL the repairs performed were for oil leaks and recalls, and these latest are from the exhaust manifold and door bushings. I have never broken anything off road, and have never brought my Jeep to the dealership for something going wrong after an offroading trip. My Jeep has not been off the pavement since novemebr of 2010, and i have never been "stupid" offraod and have never even gotten stuck, because i sta so safe.

Attached in the envelope were pictures of my Jeep at a local offroad park. The service manager went on my Facebook account and printed my pictures for evidence of abuse and neglect.

I have had a case with chrysler over the oil leaks and problems and have contacted my case manager about the problem and he's talking to the dealer tomorrow. I am going to try and get a meeting with the dealership owner to discuss the matter, as i have filed two formal complaints against the very service department that has decided to void my extended powertrain warranty that we bought when we order the vehicle new back in 2007.
Wow. Facebook strikes again! What kinds of pics did you have posted?
Sounds like you might be royally screwed....
Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90

Did the pictures show anything worse than what is shown on the Jeep web site in an effort to sell the Jeep's ruggedness? (Their pictures and videos)

Last edited by ronjenx; 04-26-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx

Did the pictures show anything worse than what is shown on the Jeep web site in an effort to sell the Jeep's ruggedness? (Their pictures and videos)
good point

Quick Reply: Any other "07"s need piston rings