Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Any other "07"s need piston rings

Old 03-22-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bri
...Yeah valve cover clearly was never removed. Now its one thing to pay for something that didn't need done but was done (still not ok), than to pay for something that didn't need done and was never done. Just down right wrong!
Just like when the dealers claim to have rotated all 5 tires as part of the scheduled service but they never do and accuse you of lying if you claim otherwize, even when you show them the marks you made with a sharpie on the inside of the rims or you point out that the spare still has the colored ink markings on the tread and has clearly never been off the carrier in the two years they've been servicing the Jeep from new.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yamaha90
I'm pretty much in the same boat REFUSE to pay for $#! ? that I didn't mess up. I have clearly had problems from the time of purchase in one way or another, but since I don't drive the average 15,000 miles a year I get penalized, because the warranty is 3 years or 36,000 miles which every comes first. Then to be told by a CASE MANAGER that you have an extended warranty that should take care of any problems is BS. The extended warranty company didn't manufacture a shoddy product! Chrysler need to make it right.

At least the dealership got me a car to drive sucks going 5 days with 1 vehicle and 3 kids going in different directions.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update 3/24/11

I got a call from the dealership today and the results are..... #4 CYLINDER out of round!

They want to replace the block but I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the warranty Company's adjuster to OK the repair... I personally think a whole new engine is called for! Any mechanics out there have any advice? Shouldn't the piston be replaced also?
Old 03-24-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Reiper
I got a call from the dealership today and the results are..... #4 CYLINDER out of round!

They want to replace the block but I have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the warranty Company's adjuster to OK the repair... I personally think a whole new engine is called for! Any mechanics out there have any advice? Shouldn't the piston be replaced also?
Still fighting Reiper!?? Im trying to get the money together to tear down the engine so they can find out whats wrong. Im going to demand a new/reman engine. Just stopped by the exhaust shop couple days ago and said my exhaust manifolds are cracked

Dude keep me posted cause it looks like I'll be following in your foot steps.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can do Jvic just keep checkin' back here. I'm also gonna call my Chrysler case manager even though he told the dealership to tell me NOT to call him!

Does anybody else want me to mention them when I call if so post it here
I'm tired of this BULLSH!T
Old 03-24-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Freak

I guess I'm not the only one that marks their tires before rotation... i always put a small mark with a sharpie and then check afterwards. I hand them a picture of the rotation pattern but still don't trust them... hard to imagine how it will be dealing with them when I try to figure out why my jeep burns oil...

Originally Posted by JKlad
Just like when the dealers claim to have rotated all 5 tires as part of the scheduled service but they never do and accuse you of lying if you claim otherwize, even when you show them the marks you made with a sharpie on the inside of the rims or you point out that the spare still has the colored ink markings on the tread and has clearly never been off the carrier in the two years they've been servicing the Jeep from new.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jvic
Talked to dealer, who I bought the Jeep used from, they run a compression test on it before they sell it, if it doesnt "pass" they will not sell it he says. Dont have numbers from it so compression is good for my 2 quarts per 1000 mile oil burning engine.
Yeah...right

Flash
Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Our engines were probably built by those dope smokin, beer guzzlin Chrysler factory workers we saw on the news last month on their "lunch break." Lets face it, there's very little pride in cratfmanship going on these days on American assembly lines. We have lost our way...its sad.

Flash
Old 03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flash1034
Our engines were probably built by those dope smokin, beer guzzlin Chrysler factory workers we saw on the news last month on their "lunch break." Lets face it, there's very little pride in cratfmanship going on these days on American assembly lines. We have lost our way...its sad.

Flash
Or they are Mexican made engines......I'd still buy an American made one given the choice.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Reiper,
If you're really asking if anybody else wants to be mentioned, mention me because i'm going to be calling chrysler tomorrow.

As far as i'm concerned i also need a new GD engine. 39,000 miles and dealership said my oil leak was the rain main and i had to wait weeks and go elsewhere to get it done before it ran outta oil.. year later (60,000m) the front lower intake manifold and both oil pans and the tranni pan "leak" repaired, after the rear main was done a SECOND time. The bastard is still leaking oil and after the Jeep spent the day getting a prostate exam at the dealership, this dealer claims that it is the rear main that is leaking again and wants me to take it back to the dealer who did the rear main the second time because it must be their fault, and that dealer say it's no way that the main is leaking, and the gentleman on the phone got very shitty with me saying "you're the one who doesn't want to pay us the $90.00 an hour to go digging into it" When in fact the Jeep is under an extended powertrain warranty.. People can be so shitty and disrespectful even when they know it is totally out of the customers hands, but i'm not going to sit here and let people give me greif while the Jeep leaks.

So as far as i'm concerned throw another 3.8L in the Jeep and skip all the hoops and diagnosing the internal issue BS.

Hope this gets squared away for you Reiper, you're not alone.. let me know if you'd like any of my information.. I'm goign to type up a letter for chrysler tonight and also give them a call tomorrow.

Hate to love these things right?

Quick Reply: Any other "07"s need piston rings