Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Antilock Brake Problem

Old 06-15-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Guy's, I was luckie enough today to have a DC Test Driver(REP) on site, I explained to him this crazy ABS Brake thing. Great listener, I told him it only happens when I go (UP) the hill to a stop, had the mechanic right there. He said the (up & down Yaw) & (left to right Yaw) effects this braking system, and he said definitely the ABS Control Module Flash was needed.(Recall Flash) So, they flashed it with the most current flash available, the only number that I see right now on my invoice is (18190602 TSB) exactly like invoice is typed out. Thew key thing here is, just tell them to give you the most current (DC Flash for the ABS Control Module)....that's all they need to know.
I took it to the spot that caused me all my grief, and went up & down & back up the hill approximately 10 times and couldn't get it to fail yet. Boy was I holding my breath & the my hand on the emergency Brake. Good Luck Guy's......

Last edited by jkisthebest; 06-15-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

I to got reflashed yesterday.. And I can't get it to fail agian... Yea....
Old 06-15-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
I to got reflashed yesterday.. And I can't get it to fail agian... Yea....
Great, just what we needed .............
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

If I drive by the dealership do you think they can flash it on the spot. Or do I need to make an appointment. I am guessing it takes about a minute to do this.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Newbie

Well, took my Son for a ride to test this ABS Flash out and (Bang), ABS kicked in at the same uphill Red Light spot(got of brake & back on) & all was normal. Really don't no what to do now but call dealer tomorrow and they did mentioned the speed sensors at the wheel's on Friday' (Flash). I have no idea what they'll do now, but they will do something,,, bet on it. Wife's is in a pantic, won't touch it.. , but I do have my 12 y/o Granddaughter in it all the time.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Well, took my Son for a ride to test this ABS Flash out and (Bang), ABS kicked in at the same uphill Red Light spot(got off the brake & back on) & all was normal. Really don't no what to do now but call dealer tomorrow and they did mentioned the speed sensors at the wheel's on Friday' (Flash). I have no idea what they'll do now, but they will do something,,, bet on it. Wife's is in a pantic, won't touch it.. , but I do have my 12 y/o Granddaughter in it all the time.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Well, took my Son for a ride to test this New ABS Module Flash and (Bang), ABS kicked in at the same uphill Red Light spot(got off brake & back on) & all was normal. Really don't no what to do now but call dealer tomorrow and they did mentioned the speed sensors at the wheel's on Friday' (Flash). I have no idea what they'll do now, but they will do something,,, bet on it. Wife's is in a pantic, won't touch it.. , but I do have my 12 y/o Granddaughter in it all the time.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Well, a little twist to my ABS thing going on, nothing yesterday, but going back to work on "level" ground approx. 35mph coming to a stop brake pedal went into ABS Lock and hit 3-5 times stayed in. WoW!, that was a wake up call, did not even know it would do it on level ground so I was totally relaxed. Had to go off to right side of road, had a lot of room but used emergencey brake very easy to stop. This old man almost had a heart attack, called them and just got a return call, he spoke with the Enginering people, man the questions they had him ask me. These are the (could be's)
What Size tires, I have (265X75X16's) and they were alright, only one size up from stock 245's(wheel speed sensor)?? was mention,
Speed when happening, over 15mph,?? nothing will hapeen under 15 mph, I'm over that..
Was my Steering Wheel turned at all or was I going straight,?? I'm basically going straight, (Steering Wheel Sensor)??
Did my ABS Light come on in dash, Ha! I really had time to look.. don't really no.
Does Jeep slow down when this is happening , no, like free wheeling no brakes at all.(Brake Pedal Locked in Postion)
He mention the 4 wheel Sensors and will be looking atr that but he said no error codes come back last Friday when Flashed.. DC talked Control Module also, but he told them I've had 2 Flash's already.
He slounds like he's shooting from the hip,
They're keeing my Jeep, I really hope they pinpoint this, I just don't where they're going with the fix.
One thing I was spinning in my head ant the only thing of, was, when I put my Srpings in the front the jack under the Diff slipped a little(axle dropped a little to far)) and stretched the Brake line & Wheel Sensor Wire, just don't no if this screwed with the ABS Problem I'm having. If I tell them they'll back off & blame it on me. I have Tera Disco's and I think I'll act dumb & ask if I was wheeling and at full flex could I have stretched one of those Wheel Sensor Wire's and now it's acting up. Maybe he'll replace them...just don't no yet.

If anyone else had this happen, and they fixed it, please let me no how.
He's calling me tomorrow & I'm taking him out to where this happens, DC wants this test, great, now I hope I can get it to do it. He's keepng the JK anyway.

Last edited by jkisthebest; 06-19-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:03 AM
JK Newbie

Well I gotta call yesterday from the Service Foreman and he told me that they will not release a (ABS Brake Control Module) for this problem. He said they have Engineering involved and they will call him later with a (FIX). This what he said to me after they called him back, we are releasing an ABS Control Module download Flash to you on Friday, and will be available to you on Monday, and this will not be released as a RECALL or TSB since the problem is not wide spread. This will be a Part Number Flash/Install only, and will not have a TSB# assigned to it, info straight from Engineering. Tuesday morning gotta take it down for a 1/2 hour install, I will get this Part Number and post it so anyone that has this problem can request this specific Part Number from DC's Downloads. My JK was one of the very 1st built (Aug). I definitely don't want a Toy Highlander after driving it for 3 days (Rental from Dealer)) it's just car only ......picked my JK up yesterday and will just be a little careful until Tuesday morning.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

Ok so what happened? Has the problem returned?

I HAVE HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM. TWICE!

Both instances, going down a hill and then coming up a hill to a slow stop and then the ABS kicks in, rumbles, and it is hard as a rock for a few seconds and then returns to normal. I am calling the dealer tomorrow but I am extremely interested to hear how this was all resolved as I fear I may have to go through the same loops.

I just bought this Jeep about a week ago!

What I know:

Please respond if you check these forums jkisthebest! Or if anyone else has experienced this!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Antilock Brake Problem