Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anti-Lock Brake Module C2200

Old 12-11-2021, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It worked you beautiful bastard

Originally Posted by Nuby
I had the issue come up for me two weeks ago, where I would get the BRAKE, ABS, ESP BAS, and Traction lights would all turn on at the same time after reaching 10+mph. You could drive the thing forever and nothing would happen until you hit 10+mph. Once turning the vehicle off, that lights would go away and only come back after reaching 10+mph.

I had a buddy use his fancy scanner and he pulled C2200, which he thought was weird because no other U codes were present. We drove it around with the scanner and all wheels were in perfect speed and all sensors responded fine. He the ABS module was bad and would need to be replaced and flashed. I was not about to drop the $500+ right away so I searched online and found something that fixed my issue.

My fix was, I turned the jeep off and turned it back on as to have the light off. I floored it on a dirt road with my highway tires on and this triggered the Traction to activate. (Flashing). I stopped and drove off, the light never came on. They do turn on anymore on their own. I have tested that Traction control works and it is fine, I pull the hand break and the BRAKE light turns on. The only thing I haven't tried is the ABS by braking hard on soft ground.

Do your own testing in a safe and caution manner,, but that's what worked for me.
This actually worked.for me. Was getting ready to pull the ABS control module and decided to try this as a lark. Found a dirt patch and parked for minute. I used the OBD Jscan app and a Bluetooth OBD2 reader to clear the C2200 code. Cranked her up and gunned it to break the tired loose. All the lights turned back on (ABS, Parking Brake, traction loss, ESP BAS) so I thought it didn't work. Went home and parked and the next time I started the jeep the codes were all gone. Been about half a week and all is clear.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nuby
I had the issue come up for me two weeks ago, where I would get the BRAKE, ABS, ESP BAS, and Traction lights would all turn on at the same time after reaching 10+mph. You could drive the thing forever and nothing would happen until you hit 10+mph. Once turning the vehicle off, that lights would go away and only come back after reaching 10+mph.

I had a buddy use his fancy scanner and he pulled C2200, which he thought was weird because no other U codes were present. We drove it around with the scanner and all wheels were in perfect speed and all sensors responded fine. He the ABS module was bad and would need to be replaced and flashed. I was not about to drop the $500+ right away so I searched online and found something that fixed my issue.

My fix was, I turned the jeep off and turned it back on as to have the light off. I floored it on a dirt road with my highway tires on and this triggered the Traction to activate. (Flashing). I stopped and drove off, the light never came on. They do turn on anymore on their own. I have tested that Traction control works and it is fine, I pull the hand break and the BRAKE light turns on. The only thing I haven't tried is the ABS by braking hard on soft ground.

Do your own testing in a safe and caution manner,, but that's what worked for me.

Did your light ever turn back on? If it didn’t have you tried braking the ABS? I’m trying to see if this will work better than replacing the whole thing and spending hundreds of dollars
Old 08-24-2022, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

I am the replier, and not the poster of the method, but I can say that the fix worked for me. Its almost September now, and I did that last December and that error code never came back on for me.

Luckily I got an email that this thread had a new post!
Old 08-25-2022, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had all 4 of those lights come on and had the same code. The dirt road trick didn't work for me. I read in one thread - there are a few on this topic - to disconnect the module and spray it down with some electrical cleaner. This is what I did. Disconnected everything on my negative terminal from the battery. Then popped open that plug harness and sprayed down both sides and let air dry for about 5 minutes and followed up with a blast of compressed air to make sure it was dry. The lights didn't turn off right away, but in a couple days they were all gone. It's been about 3 weeks now and they're still off. Good thing cause the parts guy at the dealer said for an '08, he had 0 on hand but there were orders for 217 for the ABS module.

Forgot who, but thanks to that forum member who suggested spraying the connector.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Had this christmas tree issue with my 08. Everything I saw on youtube etc and FSM said to replace the module. I read this thread. The whole dirt road and punch it deal sounded like one of the stupidest things ever. I'm here to tell you, It's not and it works.

1. Dirt road.
2. Shut down the jeep.
3. Restart
4. Put it in drive.
5. Punch it. Don't let it roll to 10 mph or the lights will all come back on and you'll have to start over.
6. Wheels spin, TCS lights up, and all the other lights go off.

It only takes 50 yards or so of road so you don't need a big long stretch.

It works!

What this has to do with an ABS module is beyond me.

Fortunately my caravan motor and 5.38:1 gears had just enough umph to spin the 37 MT's

Last edited by danimal2; 06-15-2023 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by danimal2
Had this christmas tree issue with my 08. Everything I saw on youtube etc and FSM said to replace the module. I read this thread. The whole dirt road and punch it deal sounded like one of the stupidest things ever. I'm here to tell you, It's not and it works.

1. Dirt road.
2. Shut down the jeep.
3. Restart
4. Put it in drive.
5. Punch it. Don't let it roll to 10 mph or the lights will all come back on and you'll have to start over.
6. Wheels spin, TCS lights up, and all the other lights go off.

It only takes 50 yards or so of road so you don't need a big long stretch.

It works!

What this has to do with an ABS module is beyond me.

Fortunately my caravan motor and 5.38:1 gears had just enough umph to spin the 37 MT's
I recently had C2200 come up on my 2008 JKU.
A search brought up this thread. I did this procedure and the lights and code have gone away.

Thanks to the one who thought this up, and to the ones who posted their successful results.

Quick Reply: Anti-Lock Brake Module C2200