Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anti-Lock Brake Module C2200

Old 02-02-2021, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m really not sure what to think now...
Lights cam in as usual on my way to work. We had a really warm day today and as I was running errands this afternoon, I noticed all my warning lights were off! I checked the codes and cleared them and scanned again and no codes related to the ABS. I took the long way home and so far no lights. I’m beginning to think my issues were related to our wet and snowy weather.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ben Beckner
<snip> following codes: C2200, U0197, and B2102. I clear the codes but as soon as I get above 10mph they all come back. </snip>
C2200 is ABS module internal failure, the FSM says it it comes back after clearing it's bricked. U0197 is lost comms with hands free module. B2102 is ignition run/start input high, the FSM says it's probably a short to B+ on circuit F20 or a bad WCM (SKREEM) module.

I don't see any commonality between these DTC's, but maybe there is. Any possibility that the polarity was reversed at some point during the jump start?

Edit: I didn't see your last post, but the above is a good for reference anyway...

Last edited by Mr.T; 02-02-2021 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks! Quick question...what is the FSM?
I'm not sure that any of the codes have anything to do with each other either. I didn't scan for codes until the warning lights came on, so some of those codes could have been present without triggering any lights?
I know I was careful to not cross polarity when connecting the jumper cables.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 189 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ben Beckner
Thanks! Quick question...what is the FSM?
I'm not sure that any of the codes have anything to do with each other either. I didn't scan for codes until the warning lights came on, so some of those codes could have been present without triggering any lights?
I know I was careful to not cross polarity when connecting the jumper cables.
FSM == Factory Service Manual. From your other post I thought all those came back on after clearing everything, however it is possible with JScan to only clear codes in a specific module and the other codes would have remained.
Old 04-05-2021, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

I seem to be having a similar problem to others who have posted here. I have a 2008 Sahara and each time I start the car and drive it over around 10mph the ABS, emergency brake, traction control, and ESP/BAS lights come on. I took it into the dealer and they told me I needed to replace the ABS module for about $700 including parts and labor. However, I recently had a 2" lift put on the vehicle with new 33" tires. Is it possible that the new lift or tires are messing with the sensors and if so, how would I check that? I also live in Philly and am worried that hitting a few potholes may have messed up the sensors as well. I'm not particularly car savvy, but any recommendations on how to go about this besides taking it back to the dealer for the ABS replacement?
Old 04-05-2021, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrangler_enthusiast
I seem to be having a similar problem to others who have posted here. I have a 2008 Sahara and each time I start the car and drive it over around 10mph the ABS, emergency brake, traction control, and ESP/BAS lights come on. I took it into the dealer and they told me I needed to replace the ABS module for about $700 including parts and labor. However, I recently had a 2" lift put on the vehicle with new 33" tires. Is it possible that the new lift or tires are messing with the sensors and if so, how would I check that? I also live in Philly and am worried that hitting a few potholes may have messed up the sensors as well. I'm not particularly car savvy, but any recommendations on how to go about this besides taking it back to the dealer for the ABS replacement?
You need to see the actual code it is generating. For that you need a decent scanner, not a generic one. I bought the Foxwell T630 for this for about $140. This model can do ABS bleed as well as reading all the codes and programming a new unit (although not a used one). There are other choices as well. If the scanner comes up with the C2200 code (internal module failure) it's unlikely to be anything but the ABS module. If the sensors are having a problem it will tell you that also. $700 seems high but not crazy high since the part new is over $300 and reprogramming costs $ also.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jlmorris3827
You need to see the actual code it is generating. For that you need a decent scanner, not a generic one. I bought the Foxwell T630 for this for about $140. This model can do ABS bleed as well as reading all the codes and programming a new unit (although not a used one). There are other choices as well. If the scanner comes up with the C2200 code (internal module failure) it's unlikely to be anything but the ABS module. If the sensors are having a problem it will tell you that also. $700 seems high but not crazy high since the part new is over $300 and reprogramming costs $ also.
So I know the code is the C2200 code. I have seen looking at other forums that humidity and/or dirty connections can also cause this to happen. I'm not sure if this is coincidence, but the lights came on immediately after running the car through a car wash. I have seen some forms suggesting disconnecting the connector for the abs module and spraying it with an electrical clearer like deoxit. Has this helped anybody/would you recommend doing this?
Old 04-05-2021, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wrangler_enthusiast
So I know the code is the C2200 code. I have seen looking at other forums that humidity and/or dirty connections can also cause this to happen. I'm not sure if this is coincidence, but the lights came on immediately after running the car through a car wash. I have seen some forms suggesting disconnecting the connector for the abs module and spraying it with an electrical clearer like deoxit. Has this helped anybody/would you recommend doing this?
Interesting, I see the other thread you bumped on that topic with the deoxit. Seems worth a try! I did try to re-seat the connectors on mine several times and sprayed it with something similar to no avail, but maybe you'll get lucky.
The following users liked this post:
wrangler_enthusiast (04-05-2021)
Old 06-06-2021, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default C2200 code

Originally Posted by EHarris
So on my drive home today, the traction control, ABS, ESP/BAS and even the E-brake light came on. As of right now I don't have driving issues. It seems to be driving just fine. When I got home I used the super chips to read the code and it came back with only one C2200.

I remember last time it was a rear wheel speed sensor it had a check engine light. It does not have check engine light this time. Could it be a front wheel speed sensor (should be covered under extended warranty still) or something in the ABS system like a control module?

I searched but the only other post seemed to have been fixed by a lose battery connection. My battery is only 6 months old and so are the terminals. I redid the electrical system in December with a new battery, terminals, alternator and starter.
Did you ever figure it out i have the same issue now.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default C2200 fixed

Originally Posted by Trichards40
Did you ever figure it out i have the same issue now.
I had the issue come up for me two weeks ago, where I would get the BRAKE, ABS, ESP BAS, and Traction lights would all turn on at the same time after reaching 10+mph. You could drive the thing forever and nothing would happen until you hit 10+mph. Once turning the vehicle off, that lights would go away and only come back after reaching 10+mph.

I had a buddy use his fancy scanner and he pulled C2200, which he thought was weird because no other U codes were present. We drove it around with the scanner and all wheels were in perfect speed and all sensors responded fine. He the ABS module was bad and would need to be replaced and flashed. I was not about to drop the $500+ right away so I searched online and found something that fixed my issue.

My fix was, I turned the jeep off and turned it back on as to have the light off. I floored it on a dirt road with my highway tires on and this triggered the Traction to activate. (Flashing). I stopped and drove off, the light never came on. They do turn on anymore on their own. I have tested that Traction control works and it is fine, I pull the hand break and the BRAKE light turns on. The only thing I haven't tried is the ABS by braking hard on soft ground.

Do your own testing in a safe and caution manner,, but that's what worked for me.

Quick Reply: Anti-Lock Brake Module C2200