Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Anti-Lock Brake Module C2200

Old 04-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.T
I think it's J6 and J7 that feed the ABM, those are what I'd try. BTW, the rear speed sensors can often be fixed by removing them and cleaning off the crud. They're exposed in the parking brake area (the reluctor is on the axle) and are slightly magnetic.

I usually clean the rear speed sensors when I do brakes and rotors.

I'll update this thread when I do the hoses and let everyone know how it went.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See my post from earlier today here; https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-246813/page4/
This Jeep also showed C2200
Old 05-12-2019, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Had the same issue, ABS, traction light, e-brake came off.
i do not have a scanner so paid some mollah to have the dealer pull codes for me, report shows C2200
They cleared the codes for me, but came back right after driving off for 20mins

Dealer said i need to have ABS module replaced, my plan is to replace it myself and have the dealer re-flash it once its done.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Well just so you know, mine came on and I have super chips so I cleared it myself. It immediately came right back on. About a day or two later it went away on its own. I would maybe hold off and just re-plug and clean the wires to the ABS module first and also do a quick ground cleaning also. Take that outta the picture before you go and replace the module. That's my plan at least if it comes back. Replacing that module looks annoying and then you still need the dealer but possibly the snap on or similar could re-program and you could go to a local shop. Definitely worth looking into. I just recently did a 900 mile baja trip last weekend and had zero issues. My game plan on that trip was to pull J6/J7 if I had issues.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default C2200 code 2008 unlimited x

Originally Posted by EHarris
So on my drive home today, the traction control, ABS, ESP/BAS and even the E-brake light came on. As of right now I don't have driving issues. It seems to be driving just fine. When I got home I used the super chips to read the code and it came back with only one C2200.

I remember last time it was a rear wheel speed sensor it had a check engine light. It does not have check engine light this time. Could it be a front wheel speed sensor (should be covered under extended warranty still) or something in the ABS system like a control module?

I searched but the only other post seemed to have been fixed by a lose battery connection. My battery is only 6 months old and so are the terminals. I redid the electrical system in December with a new battery, terminals, alternator and starter.
. I had the same problem, just replaced the control module and bleed brakes. Abs and brake light went off, but need to have the used module from junkyard flashed by dealer $150. Not a bad deal.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Flashbang
. I had the same problem, just replaced the control module and bleed brakes. Abs and brake light went off, but need to have the used module from junkyard flashed by dealer $150. Not a bad deal.
Not bad at all. The new unit is $325 I think.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just went through this in my 2008 JK. A couple of things I learned:

- Getting a new ABS ordered for an 08 is difficult. Apparently this thing fails a lot and they are not making them fast enough to keep up with demand. Backorder everywhere you look. Only Chrysler could make a part with zero moving parts so unreliable.
- Getting a used one sounds appealing, but don't try it. I got a controller and pump combo from Ebay for $110 and thought I was pretty smart about it. It arrived in good condition but then I leaned you CANNOT reprogram a used unit. A new one can be programmed to fit your Jeep, a used one cannot. Why? Who the hell knows.
- This site is awesome. https://www.upfix.com/. Upfix is one of several places that offer to repair your ABS module. They weren't the cheapest (over $300) but they're super professional and quick. Just box it up, send it in. They cut the controller open, repair and upgrade whatever was wrong with it, seal it up and ship it back. Took one week total. The bonus is no reprogramming is required because it already has your VIN.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlmorris3827:
Ben Beckner (02-01-2021), dmwil (08-01-2021)
Old 02-01-2021, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

So Here is what is going on with my 2007 but am not sure if if the ABS module is bad or not...
During our last snow storm I had to jump start my wife's suburban. Connect the cables and get her going, no problem. Several minutes later, as I am driving home numerous dash lights come on, brake warning light, ABS, etc. I connect with my JSACN app and get the following codes: C2200, U0197, and B2102. I clear the codes but as soon as I get above 10mph they all come back. I have searched the forums and started checking grounds and they are all tight. I had the battery and alternator tested. I doubt it is the ABS module and feel it is related to the jumpstart, weather and/or a bad connection somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
2007 JKU
112,000 miles
After forum searches here and other places I have checked all my battery cables and made sure they are tight. Had the battery tested and is ok. Checked all grounds that I could find in the engine compartment. I even pulled the TIPM and checked the connections and re-installed with
dielectric grease. I removed the ABS module plug and reconnected with dielectric grease as well. I am beginning to think I may have actually damaged the module when I jumpstarted my wife's suburban. I wanted to see if there is anything else I can check before I go about have the module repaired or buying a new one. Thanks for reading my saga!

I found this site that rebuilds modules a little cheaper that sounds promising...
https://modulemaster.com/collections...0e-abs-rebuild

Last edited by Ben Beckner; 02-01-2021 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 02-02-2021, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same thing with the all the ABS & brake lights coming on the second you hit 10MPH. That and the C2200 codes are the same, although the U0197 & B2102 codes are a little strange because it's hard to see how that's related.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jlmorris3827
I just went through this in my 2008 JK. A couple of things I learned:

- Getting a new ABS ordered for an 08 is difficult. Apparently this thing fails a lot and they are not making them fast enough to keep up with demand. Backorder everywhere you look. Only Chrysler could make a part with zero moving parts so unreliable.
- Getting a used one sounds appealing, but don't try it. I got a controller and pump combo from Ebay for $110 and thought I was pretty smart about it. It arrived in good condition but then I leaned you CANNOT reprogram a used unit. A new one can be programmed to fit your Jeep, a used one cannot. Why? Who the hell knows.
- This site is awesome. https://www.upfix.com/. Upfix is one of several places that offer to repair your ABS module. They weren't the cheapest (over $300) but they're super professional and quick. Just box it up, send it in. They cut the controller open, repair and upgrade whatever was wrong with it, seal it up and ship it back. Took one week total. The bonus is no reprogramming is required because it already has your VIN.
Thank you for updating this thread with very valuable information. I guess a good first question is would the ABS module be covered under the lifetime power train warranty for anyone who has our year vehicle. It's so funny you posted this because I cane off a trail the other evening and when I had it in park with the engine running all of the ABS lights flashed and beeped and threw a check engine code of "Lost connection with ABS Module". It hasn't happened again since, I hope this isn't finally the end for mine at 196k!
The following users liked this post:
jlmorris3827 (02-02-2021)

Quick Reply: Anti-Lock Brake Module C2200