Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 04-03-2007, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most dealers think that their customers are morons, they dont believe you and they tell you that if that is happening then it is because the way we drive or its something we did, but when it happens to them on a test drive then its a whole different story.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Davidnstarj
Whats it going to take for them to get a clue about this problem.
Go to www.safercar.gov and look on the right side of the page. Look for "Defects and Recalls." Under that you will see "File a Complaint" in large red letters. Put in your info about stalling...

If everyone who has the stall bug will do this, I am sure NHTSA will force some action on DC's part.

Davidnstarj, I am not singling you out.

I just want people to do this. I checked this morning and there are only 11 complaints of jks stalling. It only takes about 5 minutes to do this...

Last edited by russredx; 04-04-2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just did it
Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickc
Most dealers think that their customers are morons, they dont believe you and they tell you that if that is happening then it is because the way we drive or its something we did, but when it happens to them on a test drive then its a whole different story.
This could not be more correct! The worst part about owning the Jeep (or any new vehicle) is having to mess with the service department at the dealership.

.... but to stick to the topic.... the last time I had my Jeep serviced they did flash (they called it reprogramed) the PCM. They stated that it would take care of the radio cutting out and other "drivability issues", implying that they thought it would solve all of my stalling problems. It died again yesterday in traffic and this time it didn't restart on it's own like it previously has. I was able to start it back up, but the flash obviously didn't fix it.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default stall issue

Filed my complaint with the NHTSA today. Lets see what happens.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, I'm just asking out of curiosity. I realize this shouldn't be an issue while driving but I still wondered about it.

For those folks that are having the stall problem, do any of you NOT have the Power Conv. Group?

I know the power locks and such are very popular so I'm curious if all of you have this option.

Thanks,
Beel
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
Ok, I'm just asking out of curiosity. I realize this shouldn't be an issue while driving but I still wondered about it.

For those folks that are having the stall problem, do any of you NOT have the Power Conv. Group?

I know the power locks and such are very popular so I'm curious if all of you have this option.

Thanks,
Beel
I do NOT have the power group.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beel_MT

Thanks,
Beel
I don't have any of the power options. Only options on my Jeep are floormats and auto trans. and this "stall" thing has now happened to me twice in 2000 miles.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NHTSA Website

Just a small aside. I tried to file a complaints today on the NHTSA website for both this stall issue and for my hood trying to come off in high winds. NO LUCK!! Anybody else having a problem? I have a mac instead of a PC and normally I like it alot better but am wondering if this is the problem?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like many people have had this problem including myself. Keep up the good work and make sure that the government realizes that this is a serious problem affecting many Jeeps. I will try to do my part here in Canada.

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim