Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a recall for Engine stalling...I had the same problem...They re-programed the computer and it has been fine ever since..
Old 03-29-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Give the (non)-service guy this info:

Originally Posted by JEEPIZ
There was a recall for Engine stalling...I had the same problem...They re-programed the computer and it has been fine ever since..
Safety Recall G25
Reprogram TIPM – Engine Stalling

Also, check out this link:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-tsb-re...ngine-stalling

Last edited by VA_Rubi-Red; 03-29-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default FEB 18 07 build date,no problems here

just when I think i've had it bad(trans has to come out AGAIN)still clutch issues.I see the stall bug rearing it's head again,just noticed a post with build date within I month of mine also has had no problems.just a thought everyone list build date when posting on stall issues maybe will help find common thread,i cannot believe this hasn't been solved,never had any stalling and been in for so much other warranty work that all ecu's have been regularly reflashed with latest software
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default Stall bug

I have had the same thing happen on my 2007 4-door Wrangler twice now. I am taking it in to the shop today. I know what they will say already. They always tell me that they drove it and did not find anything wrong. They can not fix what is not broke. I have had many problems beside this one. My front end was squealing very badly. It was in the shop 5 times for that. They starter keeps sticking but it never done it to them so they could not fix it either. I love my Jeep but I am about ready to give up on it . I have filed it under the lemon law. Let me know if you hear of a solution to this problem.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

i keep having the problem with mine where the jeep stalls out and then the esp light blinks and the battery light blinks. and it acts like it is starving for fuel, cutting in and out and shuttering. keeps going like this until i shut it off and restart. anyone else? about 7 or 8 times now. been in to the dealer and they say they cant find it and cant duplicate it!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Junkie

I have to add my name to the list. Happened when I was taking a right turn onto a busy street. All the lights just shut off and the Jeep went dead. Then it came back on with a quick twist of the key...... F'd up!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2008 Unlimited X built/bought 8/07 that caught the "stall bug" at 3,500 miles. At 11,000 miles I am still having stall issues after having it "fixed" at three different dealerships from Texas to California and now in Nevada. The dealerships have replaced the following modules: 1) ABS, 2) WCM, 3) C.A.B., 4) PCM and a complete wiring harness. The Jeep is now at a Nevada dealership awaiting the install of a Tipman (sp) module; some type of body and electronic module.

Since it is a 2008, the dealerships have indicated that the 2007 TSBs do not apply. Have other 2008 owners experienced the same issues.

Frustrated in Nevada ..
Old 06-07-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, I just started a new post called Stall Bug 2008 JK??? And it reads...
Sounds like the stall bug just hit me at approx 10,000 miles on a 2008. Happened yesterday doing about 65-70 on the intersate, happened numerous times where I had top pull off and it died. Restated after a few tries everytime and I would continue on. All electrical still worked though. Bad thing about it is all Jeep dealers in Central PA seemed to be closed on Saturday for service, I called about 5 of them. I filled up with gas and it ran good for about 62 miles and then started stalling again. Weird thing is this, sometimes when it was happening I would pump the gas and sometimes it would come back to life but most times it just plain died. Scary stuff here. I already filed a complaint today with the Feds about this. Hopefully I can get a re-flash Monday at a Dealer in Central PA so I can make it home to VA.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Freak

report.
built march 2007

12800 miles and stil no Bug.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

For those of you who went to the dealership to get the G40 recall looked at.

If you had the flash done has the stall ever occurred again? Just curious because I had another stall just a few weeks ago.

I was cruising then the radio went dead and the engine stopped for less than a second then started back up again on its own. This was rather upsetting because I thought the flash would of resolved the issue.

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim