Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 02-27-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My green POS is gone, and replaced with the new, hopefully trouble free white jeep. I'm pretty excited, even though the buy back process was nothing but frustration and hell. The new "car" (I don't like cats) is an auto, and I'm liking it so far. I don't see a big power difference like some posters have stated. I think today may be wash and wax, windshield lights, xm radio day. I'm not gonna post pics yet, everyone knows what a plain white jeep looks like. If you don't, check out WOL's, and then imagine stock and clean. I was really hoping for the bumper giveaway last night, but congrats to USGAONE.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

I have an '07 4dr manual X with 18k miles on it (purchased 3/07, but don't know the build date). I am lucky as I haven't experienced the "stall" yet at all. But after reading about all of this....it is extremely scary! I was curious if most dealerships would do the stall fix if it hasn't happened yet? Or should I not take my chances of starting to "get" the stall after the fix...

thoughts?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flrubicon
It happened once in my 08. Wife was doing a u-turn when it stalled. She said it took about a minute before it would re-crank. This happened with about 2500 miles on the clock. Only time so far.

One question, How much gas was in it? My XJ and most did this, it will starve for fuel and stall if you make a hard left turn with 1/4 tank or less. Just kept it over 1/4 and it would not do it.

Originally Posted by jcollett
WELL... I am back on the stall bug wagon.... DAMN IT!!!!!!

my 07 X was replaced (after months of hell - read other posts) 2 months ago with an 08 sahara - now 2K miles in the 08 stalled this morning in rush hour traffic, and would not start back. alittle blue smoke came from under the hood, and it smelled like burnt plastic. everything worked but the starter wouldn't turn over, it would just make a grinding sound for a second and stop ....

that was it - DEAD - right in the middle of the street.... at the dealership now.... DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!! my WJ's are bullet proof got 115K miles on the 00... NO problems...

this new JK BULLSH!T is getting old!!!!

F-U CHRYSLER!!!!!
That's not the Stall Bug. Your alternator fried. I am not saying you shouldn't be upset but it not the stall that everyone is talking about here.

Mine stalled twice when I first got in in early 07 but after I had the TSB it has not done it since and I got over 28k miles on mine. Even when It did stall it was not that scary. It was more like "What the... On ok" then just kept on driving.

Last edited by derff96963; 03-08-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pmergler
I have an '07 4dr manual X with 18k miles on it (purchased 3/07, but don't know the build date). I am lucky as I haven't experienced the "stall" yet at all. But after reading about all of this....it is extremely scary! I was curious if most dealerships would do the stall fix if it hasn't happened yet? Or should I not take my chances of starting to "get" the stall after the fix...

thoughts?
If you're not having "stall" trouble, don't go looking for it by letting the dealer mess with the software you have. With the old lemon, I noticed gains and losses in both power and mileage based on the last thing the service department did to try and fix a problem that they could never fix. If you have a recall to be performed, like G40, get it done, if not, don't let them mess up a good running jeep.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

First stall today in my Unlimited X. I was on a downhill onramp to the expressway going about 45 and all dash lights lit, engine never cut out (at least I dont think it did - i was going down hill). It was almost like the ECU was rebooting. 10,572 miles at the time, 63 degrees outside and a full tank of gas. This is an Auto with 4.10's and all stock. Build date - Feb. of 2007.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

fab date,,march 2007,, 10,500 miles ,,no stall bug.
guess im one of the lucky ones
Old 03-25-2008, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

how do you find out your build date?
Old 03-25-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by osros
how do you find out your build date?
It's on the sticker on your drivers side door frame
Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

derff96963 - I KNOW THAT NOW... but when i posted that weeks ago i had no idea what was going on with my 08.

you don't have to explain the stall bug to me - read my posts about my 07 that came with the POS package...

MODS - feel free to move my original post quoted above or delete it from the thread....
Old 03-28-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default yet another stall bug victim

Has anyone had any success in correcting the "stall bug" issues with their dealer? I have had it happen three times on my '07 4dr, today at speed on the highway. Called my LJD and made an appt. The service guy said he hasnt heard of this issue before, which surprised me ( maybe it shouldnt) because of the number of posts I see here. Any thoughts..suggestions

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim