Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wrangler stalled again tonite, sucks when it does it at highway speeds at night! this is the 3rd stall since the recall was done to "fix" the stalling issues so i filed my 3rd complaint with the NHTB or whatever, not that it helps, and my 3rd e-mail to chrysler..boy gotta love buying a new vehicle and its had like 5 recalls, was in for a roof leak over 5 times, but i had to fix it myself, and they give you a yaris as a loaner...and it stalls when you drive it, not what i expected when i bought it
Old 11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

update....strange, jeep went in for the g40 recall, i was nervous after hearing some of the bad reactions to it....explained about the stalling, so they checked the recall done this summer to end the stalling, the dealership i was at was the ones who did the stalling recall, but the ecm came up needing it, so either they didnt do it right the first time or the computer "lost" the flash....now we are on what the 6th recall on the 07s and i have an early build so i pretty much have to go in for all, and this is the only flash to have dissapeared so i think they didnt do it right..but maybe something to look at if you have the stall bug issues
Old 11-16-2007, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ocakyoshimma
update....strange, jeep went in for the g40 recall, i was nervous after hearing some of the bad reactions to it....explained about the stalling, so they checked the recall done this summer to end the stalling, the dealership i was at was the ones who did the stalling recall, but the ecm came up needing it, so either they didnt do it right the first time or the computer "lost" the flash....now we are on what the 6th recall on the 07s and i have an early build so i pretty much have to go in for all, and this is the only flash to have dissapeared so i think they didnt do it right..but maybe something to look at if you have the stall bug issues

Thanks for the insight ocakyoshimma I need the G40 "brake recall" performed on mine and I'm a little hesitant myself. I have an 04/2007 build and I can't get the "stall bug" service performed even though it happened to me once already. I'm outside the date range for the recall. I don't think Chrysler knows what's going on with anything. Anyway, keep us posted on any issues that arise (or don't) concerning the G40 fix. Thanks again!

Last edited by jeeper; 11-16-2007 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I am another stall victim. Luckily was exiting the highway when it happened.
Sitting in dealership right now!
It only has 4500kms on it. I am not too happy :(
Old 01-07-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Freak

I'm still stalling, at idle, fast, slow, highway, esp off, esp on, in and out of 4wd, smooth roads, bumpy roads, cold out, warm out, wet, dry, running over kittens.... 8 to 10 times / day. I can't wait to get the next jeep. The Lemon Law isn't strong enough in my opinion, but at least I'm getting a new jeep. Still waiting to see how much $ buying a POS will cost. I'd reccommed if you're stalling, get the notice card out of the warrenty manual and send it in.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
I'm still stalling, at idle, fast, slow, highway, esp off, esp on, in and out of 4wd, smooth roads, bumpy roads, cold out, warm out, wet, dry, running over kittens.... 8 to 10 times / day. I can't wait to get the next jeep. The Lemon Law isn't strong enough in my opinion, but at least I'm getting a new jeep. Still waiting to see how much $ buying a POS will cost. I'd reccommed if you're stalling, get the notice card out of the warrenty manual and send it in.
Hey JKFirefighter, when the heck is your new Jeep getting here. Seems like it's been quite a while since you got OK'd for a new one from DC...
Old 01-08-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeeper
Hey JKFirefighter, when the heck is your new Jeep getting here. Seems like it's been quite a while since you got OK'd for a new one from DC...
Hopefully ships on 1/10/200?. I've actually moved ahead of some folks that ordered from same dealer months before myself. I think this will be a 3 to 4 month wait, instead of 6 like last time, so I can't complain.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

OK ....dealer replaced the EGR valve and problem is fixed
Old 01-08-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Ive had some problems too but i wouldnt call it a stall bug. Sometimes when i go to shift and push the clutch in the engine decides to rev up to 6,000 RPM all by its self and stay there like its stuck. Happened to me a couple times so i took it to the dealer and they couldnt find anything looked at me like i was crazy. other than that i love my jeep!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:46 PM
JeeperTJ

I experienced an engine stall today in moderate traffic at 20mph after 15,500 miles, all the warning lights on the dash came on and I had to shift to netural to restart. Just one week shy of my 1st anniversay of ownersip!

My JK had recently been to the dealer for an oil change (twice) since the G25 recall came out in early July and they never mentioned anything about it. I called the service guy right after it happened and he had me read the last 8 digits of the vin and was able to look up the recall. I made an appointment to get the fix done this Friday. Funny, I don't remember getting the recall notice from DC last summer...I do have an October 2006 build date.

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim