Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are much better off with a Buy Back than Lemon Law. With the Lemon Law you still are taken to the cleaners. Plus DC should be the one who gets bent.

I find it hard to believe that people are still going out and buying the sorry faulty ast thing. I hope at least you helped other potential buyers learn about an existing, serious problem.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

I talked with the GM of my local dealership today, after talking to the DC guy. He was real sympathetic, and told me no one is ever happy after a buy back. Well, he may be right, but he was able to call the DC guy and get me a rental car. Thank you to Lithia Dodge / Jeep of Medford, OR. I have a feeling that I won't be driving a jeep for a while, but at least I'll have something to drive.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unhappy

hi, i'm new to the forum, but i had my first stall yesterday. on the interstate with the wife and kids!! did not enjoy it!
2007 4 door x
5000 miles
Old 10-17-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

On the stalling issue... I had the same problem with my Dodge Ram last winter. There was a NHTSA safety bulletion but no recall.

After many trips to the dealer, I met someone who worked at the plant and informed me that in the front of the vehicle there are many electrical connection and when turning, these connections can loosen. I told this to my dealer and they checked it out, tightened every connection and it has not stalled since that time.

Prior to this, they had replaced the transmission with no sucess in fixing the problem.

I am not sure if this will help on the JK but it is something to look at as a possible fix.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
On the stalling issue... I had the same problem with my Dodge Ram last winter. There was a NHTSA safety bulletion but no recall.

After many trips to the dealer, I met someone who worked at the plant and informed me that in the front of the vehicle there are many electrical connection and when turning, these connections can loosen. I told this to my dealer and they checked it out, tightened every connection and it has not stalled since that time.

Prior to this, they had replaced the transmission with no sucess in fixing the problem.

I am not sure if this will help on the JK but it is something to look at as a possible fix.
I think you are probably right about the JK, but my service department supposedly looked at all the connections, even looked for bent pins in the connectors, and replaced the wiring harness for the computer. I have a feeling they are pretty sure they can't fix it when they offer to buy it back.

On a better note, today I'm driving a Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4, with a Hemi. AND, its a rental. Thank God for 4x4 rentals, that DC is paying for. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for elk season, but its all worked out now with the rental truck.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
JK Freak

A bit off the stall bug topic, but now I'm into the Buy Back phase I'll post in this thread since I feel its ultimately related, but if I should start a new one, please let me know.

Today Jerrod from Chrysler ISG (not sure what that means) called me. He is the fellow I get to talk to about buy back. He needed some info regarding after market changes, registration, and lender. He seems to be a pretty good guy. He also called Rob, the DC rep, and agreed that a lot of consumers don't care much for Rob. Rob told Jerrod that my rental will go away in a week. They would like to just get my money back to me, because it will take a long time to get me a Rubi. I told Jerrod that if they force me to take my money back, and can't get me a jeep, I'll never buy a Chrysler product again. Here I am, after having a bad experience with my jeep, trying to stay loyal and keep myself in a jeep, and they want me out! I just don't understand that at all! Wouldn't they want customers like me, I'd probably buy another jeep in a few years when the make an even better one.
The rep, Rob, told Jerrod to tell me that I can drive my jeep, which everyone agrees is unsafe, until I get a new one. If I get hurt in it, I promise I'll own jeep, and there will be a 4 dr, diesel, truck bed, with u-connect - not just the button.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:25 AM
JK Super Freak

You have to remember that DC reps and anyone that THEY arrange to work with you, have only one thing in mind... to save the company money.

When you have a rubicon and want another rubicon, the comapny sees a vehicle that they can get a good profit on and would rather retail it than exchange collateral. It seems ridiculous to want to gain a new customer rather than retain a loyal customer, but it is more of a bean counting effort. If you ahd a Town and Country it would be different. They have a surplus of these vehicles.

I spent 7 years with dealerships and at the corporate level of Mercedes-Benz and have dealt with numerous buybacks. It is always the same thing... politely screw the customer.

I hope they do take care of you properly, but remember that the "good guy" you are working with is not your friend.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 AM
JK Jedi

Had my first incident yesterday, just flashed off for a second on the highway. Last time I was in for an oil change they said I had no necessary bullitens for my JK. Looks like I do now, also the brake recall now to.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had this problem last weekend with four of my best friends going 60mph at night on a busy country road. had it fixed today. made me mad but i knew exactly what it was thanks to this thread! thx!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

I took my 07 Sahar in for the Brake TSB today. I asked about the "stall recall"
He said there was no recall for it but they had heard about it. They replaced the TIPM just to make sure. I thought this was great service. They said there were no codes or anything they just wanted to make sure it was not a problem... after hearing some of the horror stories on hear I am starting to like my dealership.
Thanks Larry H Miller Jeep...

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim