Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look on the inside of your driver side door opening, should have month and year your jeep was built.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's not forget to file those complaints with the NHTSA everyone. The more official complaints the better for all of us!
Old 09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

my 2dr X stalled again today...build date of 9/06, bought in 11/06...went in for the 1st flash , the radio flash, and a leaky roof that to this day and 5 tries from the dealership it still leaks.....back the the stall bug...got a call after i complained to NHTB (or whatever) from dealership saying engineers say its ing switch...i wont even go into the debacle that turned out to be but finally got it back from that and next thing you know the july recall was up...brought it in for that flash and all seemed fine, that is till today....will they ever figure out what is wrong ..gonna have to install some foglights and bypass everything so if it stalls at night like it has before, i'll still have some lights !!!! gotta love buying a brand new vehicle and have service people tell you...wranglers all leak...its like having a tent on a car (i tell ya if i bought a tent for 18000 you know it wouldnt leak !!!!!)
Old 10-08-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unhappy

Hey, I have a 2 door Sahara on order and it should be getting built this month. Is the stall problem still happening on jeeps currently being built?

Last edited by ibjeepr; 10-08-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ibjeepr
Hey, I have a 2 door Sahara on order and it should be getting built this month. Is the stall problem still happening on jeeps currently being built?
According to a few other members on this forum with 08's the answer is YES!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Still having engine malfunction light come on: 4 to 6 times a day without driving very far. Jeep runs horrible after light comes on, or just won't go at all. DC said buy back paperwork should be to me by Friday. No rental for me, just told to continue driving an unsafe vehicle. Curious to see how long this process will take.

Todd
Old 10-15-2007, 04:36 AM
JK Newbie

I had the reflash done for the stall bug at 12K, 4K ago, but did it cause another bug? Anyone else seen this issue?

Driving home on Friday, all the dash lights came on, the speedo, tach, odometer and temp gauge stopped working. It kept running, so I drove it home. Got home, would not restart with either key. Remotes did not work either. Had it towed to the dealer. They were too busy to look at it, they said maybe Monday!

The other Software/Computer issues so far are listed below.

1 - Torque converter replaced at 6K. From what I have read, the software would cause the converter to cycle lock and unlock at certain engine speeds, which can damage the converter. (2 trips to dealer, 4 days total, no rental provided.)

2 - Stall bug at 12K. Happen at least 2 times that I know of, at 8K and 12K. Once in low speeds and another on the highway! Last time, the day before the recall came out. Wife would not let me drive it with the kids in the car until it was fixed. (1 trip to dealer, 2 days total, no rental provided)

3 - ABS brake recall. Has not happen to me yet, but mine is part of the recall.

I have purchased 4 other “first year” vehicles in my life and none have every left me stranded or had a condition that I would consider unsafe! (1991 Ford Explorer, 2002 Chevy Avalanche, 2002 Ford ZX2, 2005 PT Cruiser) I am starting to wonder if we should be reimbursed for doing Jeep’s development testing. With these types of issues making it to the field, I wonder what they found during development that we don’t know about.

Got an update from the dealer. PCM is toast and they are replacing it. We'll see how it goes!

Last edited by CinciAv; 10-15-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default wow

Originally Posted by CinciAv
I had the reflash done for the stall bug at 12K, 4K ago, but did it cause another bug? Anyone else seen this issue?

Driving home on Friday, all the dash lights came on, the speedo, tach, odometer and temp gauge stopped working. It kept running, so I drove it home. Got home, would not restart with either key. Remotes did not work either. Had it towed to the dealer. They were too busy to look at it, they said maybe Monday!
I am starting to wonder if we should be reimbursed for doing Jeep’s development testing. With these types of issues making it to the field, I wonder what they found during development that we don’t know about.
1. WOW MAYBE monday?! and you bought it there?! isn't there a lemon law on this stuff? I would DEMAND a JK loaner while yours is being fixed... or a toyota

2. didn't you know the JK randomly bursts into flames??

Do any of the 2008s stall at random ?!

I'm personally avoiding the 2007 Tahoe because it is a 1st year vehicle... 2008 tahoe... yee haw!
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

I dropped my jeep off at the dealer today, I'm sick and tired of it stalling all the time. Chrysler won't call me back, Service manager hid from me, but everyone seems to think a buy back is real fast. I just want mt new jeep, soon, or I'll end up in a Toyota that I don't really want.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

I talked with Ron Forsgren the DC district manager at the west business office today. The guy that was at my dealership and said they would buy it back. He was instantly defensive, talked faster than I could understand, but basically said he had done his paperwork, and that I just needed to wait. Oh, and no rental car! He told me that I should have lemon lawed it in Ca, but I didn't, so too bad. He did say that he told my service manager Chuck, that they should have had me do the buy back in Ca where I bought it. now I'm making monthly payments on nothing. I loved driving the jeep, and want another, but right now I wish I had never dealt with DC or their products on anything. Doesn't anyone in the car industry take pride in doing the right thing? Right now I don't think so!

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim