Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default again....

Lightning bolt light came on again today, then jeep ran really poorly. Taking it in this afternoon.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Default My Jeep is a ...

LEMON
DC is buying it back, or giving me a NEW JEEP. Same code came up again, and the regional rep was at the dealership today. He approved the deal, and now I wait a couple weeks for paperwork. What color 08 should I get. Oh and Lifetime Warranty! And they will move my lights and xm over to the new jeep, free. They were very nice, and said that I had been very patient. I didn't have to argue or push for a new jeep at all, they said there was nothing else to do. DC will take the jeep apart and figure out whats wrong, hopefully so that the can come up with a TSB to fix it, or not build more bad jeeps.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
DC will take the jeep apart and figure out whats wrong, hopefully so that the can come up with a TSB to fix it, or not build more bad jeeps.
What was your build date?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paulp575
What was your build date?
........................................3-07. ..............................................
Old 09-19-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

........................................3-07. ..............................................
That bothers me as the cut-off date for the original TSB as Jan 27 (?).
Not sure exactly what my build date was but it was early February.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

If it ain't broke... go wheelin' and be happy. I don't think DC has the answers for a lot of the problems jeeps are having; but at least in my case, they are willing to do the right thing. If you've got stalls, and keep at it, you can get you money back or a new jeep. I will say that if I had been an ass to the service manager, I'd still be pissed about driving my stalling jeep.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

LEMON
DC is buying it back, or giving me a NEW JEEP. Same code came up again, and the regional rep was at the dealership today. He approved the deal, and now I wait a couple weeks for paperwork. What color 08 should I get. Oh and Lifetime Warranty! And they will move my lights and xm over to the new jeep, free. They were very nice, and said that I had been very patient. I didn't have to argue or push for a new jeep at all, they said there was nothing else to do. DC will take the jeep apart and figure out whats wrong, hopefully so that the can come up with a TSB to fix it, or not build more bad jeeps.

Good for you JKFirefighter! Congrats
Old 09-20-2007, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

LEMON
Way to go! This is what I am harping about!
Chrysler is notorius for trying to "weasle" out of warranty issues, yes I have experience. I bought a Jeep because I liked it and I wanted to give an American car maker another chance to prove its reliablity.

Anyone with new Jeeps that have problems that NEW vehicles should not have, from leaky tops to the dangerous Stall bug, needs to keep pounding the service depts , Corporate, and anyone affiliated with customer service/ satisfaction and get these issues fixed!

Quit being such pussies about it and stand up to these slippery weasles. And quit calling these issues whether minor or major "just a jeep thing".

Its a new vehicle under warranty and Jeep needs to honor the warranty just like we have to honor our payment contract.

JKFirefighter, you are my hero!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

I have just over 10k on mine and it started stalling yesterday. Scared the crap out of me as I was attempting to brake at the time of the stall... Fortunately, I was able to stop as everything reset. Not cool!

BTW, My build was 3/26

Last edited by GotDesl; 09-25-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Damn, I'm mortified. I've got about $3k worth of parts coming for my 2-month old JK and now am worried about installing it. Anyone know how I can find out the day that the vehicle was assembled? Anyone know how the (Florida) lemon law applies to a vehicle that's been lifted (and starts having the problems AFTER the lift)??

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim