Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
Yesterday they replaced a computer module, but then the jeep wouldn't even start. They put the original back, and still had same codes for throttle position sensor. They're calling DC back today, and may try another computer module. I'm driving a Sebring now. Can't wait to take it off road.
That should be fun.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any1 know if the 08's will be having this problem???
Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Freak

PCM replaced, software changed, jeep still broken. Service center thinks they will fix it today with another new PCM. I sent Lemon Law notice to DC today. Also will send DC a letter stating that they are 100% responsible for any injuries or damage that come from a crash related to my jeep stopping or stalling on its own. Will file letter with County court. Being told that "I think we might have, maybe fixed it" ain't good enough.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Picked up today, new PCM and software. I hope it works.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Dropped jeep back off at service department today. Engine malfunction light back on. Jeep had stored a code for high idle speed. It's had this code before, 2 PCM's ago. Now I'm driving a PT Cruiser, which beats the heck out of the Kia Rio I gave them back two days ago.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

WOW... Firefighter... they must of sold you one I had.
Unbelievable....

I tell everyone I see with a JK or is talking about getting one to check out this thread.

My jones for the JK has subsided since I got a 2K-XJ. Now I can start building my jeep.

I'm still watching DC...
or whatever you are called now.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn. Just when I thought I wasn't gonna have any problems with this > mine cut off on the way home from the OBX. Driving fine then BAM... no radio, nothing on the dash, no power anything > then it started back up like nothing was wrong. Guess it's off the the stealership for me!! (gotta get the 710 changed anyway). Also had a rock jump up off the ground and kiss my windshield. Nice crack there now. I hate replacement glass >> it's prolly gonna leak. Ahh well. Bad weekend for the ol' girl I guess.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeezUU
Damn. Just when I thought I wasn't gonna have any problems with this > mine cut off on the way home from the OBX. Driving fine then BAM... no radio, nothing on the dash, no power anything > then it started back up like nothing was wrong. Guess it's off the the stealership for me!! (gotta get the 710 changed anyway). Also had a rock jump up off the ground and kiss my windshield. Nice crack there now. I hate replacement glass >> it's prolly gonna leak. Ahh well. Bad weekend for the ol' girl I guess.
How many miles on your JK when this happened DeezUU?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chvynova
I posted this on a different "stall bug" thread but figured I would add it to this one.

'07 2dr Wrangler Rubicon
Automatic
2548 miles

Accelerating from a stop sign going about 20mph with the parking lights, radio, heater, and a heated travel mug plugged in. Dash lit up, radio shut off, stalled, came back on and went back to normal. All this in about 2 or 3 seconds.
I've heard it only occurs if you have the Mopar Slush Mats installed
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeeper
I've heard it only occurs if you have the Mopar Slush Mats installed
I've got the Husky liners. Maybe I should go back to carpet.

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim