Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 07-13-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Production Date for Recall Purposes

How do you tell the exact production date of your JK? I thought it was in code on the door jam or something. I took delivery on February 7th but my vehicle was ordered from the factory. I haven't experienced a stall but I'd like to know if I can get the recall.

thanks everyone
Old 07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fanfsckingtastic, my jeep stalled today for the second time. The first time I wasn't sure if it was the stall bug but after seeing it again today, I know it is. Guess what? My jeep was built in Feb, so I can't get the vehicle fixed under that reacall. Hey, maybe I'll get killed or kill somebody and then the recall will include ALL the vehicles witt he problem.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had mine done today,they updated the ESP too. I never had the stall problem,but I noticed the throttle response was soo much better,like night and day.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

My build date was March 03, Auto Diesal Australia.
Stalled May.
Had Flash done (current TSB) July 1. Force the issue. If your stalling ...force the issue regardless of build date.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I was immune, but the stall bug hit me yesterday. Mine is a late March build and not covered under the current recall. I have almost 8000 miles and have had no stall symptoms previously.

For me, it happened so fast, it was almost unnoticeable. The cd stopped playing and I thought it had skipped, then I noticed the instrument panel was lit up like a Christmas tree. The engine was running already at this point, it was just lit up like when you start it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MtnMan
I know there are other treads on this topic, but I wanted to start yet another in order to keep it front and center on people's minds. The stall bug struck today as I was driving home from work. As I was turning left and just cleared the intersection, the radio blacked out and all the dash lights came on. The motor never died, but it was like the trans (I have an auto with 2500 miles) slipped into neutral. It only lasted a second, but really freaked me out. I will be printing the TSB and taking it in to the dealer as soon as possible. My concern is that others who have had this issue, have still had this problem after being serviced. Does anyone have any further information on this?
hello everybody!!In accordance with the requirements of the national traffic and motor vehicle safety act, DaimlerChrysler corporation has decided that a defect, wich relates to motor vehicles safety, exist in most of the '07 jk .
The problem is that the TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE (TIPM) on jk's was programed with a software that may allow your vehicle to stall under certain operation conditions and this could cause a crash without a warning, wich is a problem that lots of us have in the past.
Simply contact your local dealer right away to schedule an appointment asap, DaimlerChrysler will repair your vehicle FREE of charge parts and labor, to do this the dealer will reprogram your vehicle's TIPM. The work will take about 45minutes to complete.

JK owners heve fuuunn!! and be safe on the road and trails.... i hope this information help you.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

haven't done the recall yet but mine stalled at a red lite this mprn....haven't heard of that before.....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

This problem has been fixed why is there a sticky for it...

Why doens't someone start one for the chirp problem
Old 08-02-2007, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fattygio
This problem has been fixed why is there a sticky for it...
If your JK was built after Jan 22 and has stalled... there is no TSB or recall, so there is no fix.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I heard that was because they fixed the problem then.. even know they didnt' bother telling the owners with build dates before that because it would cost them so much to fix it...thats why people were so up in arms...it was not until the National Safety Board investigated Jeep did something about it and released the recall..

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim