Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another "Stall Bug" Victim

Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A recall was issued today for all JK models that were built prior to January 22nd, 2007. The recall will allow the dealer to flash the system with new software which will eliminate this problem.

Contact your dealers!

Safety Recall G25
Reprogram TIPM – Engine Stalling
Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

I Hope and Pray this is the fix I'm waiting for!!!!!
but I'm skeptical.
The stall is happening to vehicles born after this date.. right?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
A recall was issued today for all JK models that were built prior to January 22nd, 2007. The recall will allow the dealer to flash the system with new software which will eliminate this problem.

Contact your dealers!

Safety Recall G25
That is great news if that fixes it! Has anyone had this flash done with positive results? It would be great if here, or at least somewhere, people who have the recall done can keep us informed if they experience any problems after the flash.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee

Contact your dealers!

Safety Recall G25

Just called my dealer regarding my appointment for next week and advised of recall.

Three cheers for Jeff @ DON-A-VEE!

Last edited by CLACKEY(_!_); 07-02-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you are having a problem where your dealer is clueless, just print out the file attached and take it into them...

Never mind...file is 70kb, which is too big to attach.

Email me at jsladick@donavee.com and I will reply with the document attached.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

this is great news,,though my jeep is a march 07 fab, cant wait to get the stall if i ever do.... so they can fix it

i mean and if I ever do ,,please be on a flat terrain and not on a 3 k meter above sea level mountain ,curve full trail

Last edited by luisjg; 07-02-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Does anyone know the details about what the flash fixes? it would be interesting to hear what they found to be the problem. Seems they must have been working on it for some time and I find it hard to believe that there is no communication between DC and the dealers - just doesn't add up.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Hooray! The G25 recall was issued today. I went and had mine flashed about an hour ago. I hadnt been hit with the stall bug yet, but the recall did apply to my JK. All the flash contains is upgraded software for the TIPM(Totally Integrated Power Module). Keep us all informed if it fixes it.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by luisjg
this is great news,,though my jeep is a march 07 fab, cant wait to get the stall if i ever do.... so they can fix it

i mean and if I ever do ,,please be on a flat terrain and not on a 3 k meter above sea level mountain ,curve full trail
Man, I'd be praying you never experience it rather than hoping for it as it sounds like it could be a wild ride given the right situation.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Mine is being done with the recall right at this moment. The service writer had never heard of this problem. Or the recall. He checked and said, 'Wow, that just came out. I can't believe I've never heard of it'. I told him if you haven't.. you will soon. I'll post with my results later.

Quick Reply: Another "Stall Bug" Victim