Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Another Newbie Question

Old 09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newbie Question

I have been trying to avoid being the newbie with a dumb question thats answered in a thread somewhere but after hours of searching I can't find a definite answer and several non Jeep owners disagree with each other and probably don't know anyways. I own a 2010 sport wrangler thats bone cold stock just the way it came factory. To avoid spending money I currently don't have to lift it and fill the fender wells up I have decided to try and buy a set of stock Rubi or sahara rims and tires as I have 16's with non aggressive tread and the others would be 17's or 18's with BF Goodrich MT tires (I like the look of the tire and heard good performance review ). Can I buy these rims/tires and put them on my Jeep and #1 not have to make further adjustments right now #2 fill more space than my 16 rims with stock tires. Thanks in advance for all the help and sorry if you posted the correct thread for me to refer too. Thanks proud to be a member

Last edited by Smile You Own A Jeep; 09-13-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smile You Own A Jeep
I have been trying to avoid being the newbie with a dumb question thats answered in a thread somewhere but after hours of searching I can't find a definite answer and several non Jeep owners disagree with each other and probably don't know anyways. I own a 2010 sport wrangler thats bone cold stock just the way it came factory. To avoid spending money I currently don't have to lift it and fill the fender wells up I have decided to try and buy a set of stock Rubi or sahara rims and tires as I have 16's with non aggressive tread and the others would be 17's or 18's with BF Goodrich MT tires (I like the look of the tire and heard good performance review ). Can I buy these rims/tires and put them on my Jeep and #1 not have to make further adjustments right now #2 fill more space than my 16 rims with stock tires. Thanks in advance for all the help and sorry if you posted the correct thread for me to refer too. Thanks proud to be a member
A friend and fellow JEEP owner just called me back and reassured me that the rims and stock tires would fit and leave less open space in the fender well. It seems I was 3 hours to early and I could've avoided the NOOB Question. I'm off to find cheap rims and tires
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

just FYI the stock Sahara's 18's are Bridgestone Dueller AT's, not that aggressive. If I were you, I'd focus on finding a set of Rubicon take-offs only. It shouldn't be that hard.

Good luck in your search.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mjolnir
just FYI the stock Sahara's 18's are Bridgestone Dueller AT's, not that aggressive. If I were you, I'd focus on finding a set of Rubicon take-offs only. It shouldn't be that hard.

Good luck in your search.
Thanks. Nice JEEP I love the look of those rims on your JEEP.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Smile You Own A Jeep
A friend and fellow JEEP owner just called me back and reassured me that the rims and stock tires would fit ...
Yes, they'll fit. But, if you want your speedometer/odometer/computer mileage functions to be accurate, then you'll either want to use one of the after-market tuners that sets tire size, or you'll want to take it to the dealer for them to reprogram. I'm not certain of the change in tire size you'll see, so it may be a small amount that you might chose to ignore.

Quick Reply: Another Newbie Question