Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Amsoil hype? Lets find out!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
So... 8500 miles, what is your mileage doing?
I have the same question also.

As a side note, oil analysis is based on trends, The first one has no trends in it. We used to commonly do oil analysis on aircraft engines, not so much for the oil properties, but for the trends in metallic contamination. Those trends can easily predict bearing, cylinder. etc. failure...........all very important in a vehicle that cannot pull over to the curb when an engine takes a crap......
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Tag
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
that was'nt amsoils fault that was the crappy polarisnogoodsnowmobile motors...
Did you go to hardcoresledder? People who ride polaris, ski doo and arctic cats all have had issues using amsoil. Also how is dry crank/ bearings/ piston rings any manufactures engines fault?
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

actually it was like 5/1 for like to dislike. i have ran it for years in my.....everything. never had a problem. actually, worked as advertised....unlike most polaris snowmobiles....
Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Tag
JK Newbie

actually it was like 5/1 for like to dislike. i have ran it for years in my.....everything. never had a problem. actually, worked as advertised....unlike most polaris snowmobiles....
How many engines have you rebuilt running amsoil? You wouldn't be saying works as advertised if you had done some top and bottom end jobs.

You don't have to believe me, I personally don't care what you seem to think about amsoil or Polaris (which I am not trying to defend as I own both Polaris and skidoo currently and have no brand bias as I have owned arctic cats, Polaris and skidoos).
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill say this again. Why would you trust a company that will let anyone that buys like six cases of oil from them become an authorized dealer and represent the interests of that company. So for a few hundred bucks in product I can become the go to guy to sell you a product that protects your engine from melt down and seizing. If you look at their website they actually list guys that have done just that and bought a few cases and sell this stuff sometimes out of their garage.

So you claim to make a superior product to anything available on the market, via comments online, testing vials, some almost famous wannabe racer you gave a few gallons to, and you let anyone with a few hundred dollar investment be a voice for your product to the masses. Sorry I will pass. But good luck to all of the rest of you that choose otherwise.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Tag

How many engines have you rebuilt running amsoil? You wouldn't be saying works as advertised if you had done some top and bottom end jobs.

You don't have to believe me, I personally don't care what you seem to think about amsoil or Polaris (which I am not trying to defend as I own both Polaris and skidoo currently and have no brand bias as I have owned arctic cats, Polaris and skidoos).
Enough to know. But my engines were tore down for performance purposes. I know your not trying to defend Polaris snowmobiles, I'm having some fun. I have owned all but poo as well. I would not buy a Polaris however after how they treated my friend with his 800 assault. The rear suspension arm broke at like 300 kms with just a few light trail rides as the river to get to the good stuff was not frozen, at 750 kms he dropped a bottom end.....using ves gold Polaris oil. No warranty for either. Nice company to buy from.

You can enjoy using other oils, I will continue to enjoy the real benifits of my am soil products.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought this was a Jeep forum, whats all this snowmobile speak?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ssm2011
I thought this was a Jeep forum, whats all this snowmobile speak?
Ha ha. off on a tangent. i used amsoil in all my motors for the past 5 years with great results.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NH-JK
A friend of mine used amsoil in his sled and the oil had part of an old rag in it.... Got stuck in his oil pump and starved the engine of oil. Blew motor.... Amsoil gave him a years worth of free oil to say sorry. I guess it had happened to some other people.... I think they may have helped him out with the motor rebuild to. Sounds like a good company.
It is always a friend or a friend of A friend. Its a good story but just a story. I have used amsoil for over 20 year and never had A problem.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you have no mechanical knowledge at all....a snowmobile is a 2 stroke motor that burns approx 500ml of oil every tank. You do not change the oil you burn it. So you go through ALOT. I run am soil in my snowmobile, I go through about 8 to 10 gallons a year. At 40 bucks a gallon.....think about it.

As for running in a vehicle, I ran it in my last f150 and noticed everything the IP was claiming, better mileage, quieter operation etc.
It sounds like you are the one with no mechanical knowledge at all!
4 stroke sleds have been around for at least 10 years, you moron.
I just love it when an idiot puts his foot in his mouth...lmao

Quick Reply: Amsoil hype? Lets find out!