Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Amsoil hype? Lets find out!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rays0852
I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading this thread. For someone who spent so much time, planning, and effort outlining your project and geek-ing out about oil, how the F did you forget to take a sample for analysis?
You should just just skipped over all of the whining and just looked for his results like I did.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but any company that after many years of claiming to have the best oil product you can get that has distribution worse then Mary Kay doesn't get my business. The local dealer at the track near me is homeless and lives in his truck. How can a company support a customer base like that.

I use motul products.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

"Amsoil hype? Lets find out!"

It would appear that at some point in the fall of 2013, we'll learn whether changing your oil twice in the first 15k mile with insanely expense synthetic oil is worth it.

I guess the joke is on me.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Here is my first oil analysis report. It was based on an oil sample taken at the very first INDICATOR LIGHT. I am not basing my changes by mileage but instead the indicator.

Oil used was Amsoil ASM OW-20. Filter was NAPA PLATINUM (SAME AS AMSOIL). This was the sample from one oil change indicator on a very new engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image001.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	390658
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Okay, so this thread has peaked my curiosity .....
Old 11-21-2012, 01:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rickyj

Amsoil recommends 25k change schedule, so what is that? 3-4 quarts for the 6 quart JK engine? Sled I imagine is snowmobile? So that is one change per life of vehicle? Did they give him a tablespoon of Amsoil? For free!?!

And it happened to some other people? So the freaking rag CAME IN THE OIL!?!?!?! One year of free oil doesn't make up for that by a long shot. I hope this is a misreading on my part, because I like the "idea" of Amsoil. But if they are selling contaminated oil and offer a pittance for the massive damage it causes - well damn..
I guess you have no mechanical knowledge at all....a snowmobile is a 2 stroke motor that burns approx 500ml of oil every tank. You do not change the oil you burn it. So you go through ALOT. I run am soil in my snowmobile, I go through about 8 to 10 gallons a year. At 40 bucks a gallon.....think about it.

As for running in a vehicle, I ran it in my last f150 and noticed everything the IP was claiming, better mileage, quieter operation etc.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

My test came back with high Silicon numbers, they told me to get rid of my k&n air filter. the numbers went down the next time with a AC air filter
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
I guess you have no mechanical knowledge at all....a snowmobile is a 2 stroke motor that burns approx 500ml of oil every tank. You do not change the oil you burn it. So you go through ALOT. I run am soil in my snowmobile, I go through about 8 to 10 gallons a year. At 40 bucks a gallon.....think about it.

As for running in a vehicle, I ran it in my last f150 and noticed everything the IP was claiming, better mileage, quieter operation etc.
Not all snowmobiles are 2 stroke.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 AM
Tag
JK Newbie

After running amsnotoil in my sleds and amsoil costing me 1 bottom end and 1 top end in 2 years I switched back to Polaris synthetic blend and have not had an issue since.

I understand that comparing 4 stroke oil/trans and dif oil too amsoil interceptor which is a 2 stroke oil is not a fair comparison by any means, but after researching more about amsoil interceptor and finding out that numerous people have had engine issues resulting in dry cranks/bearing/rings with no lubrication on them.

Like I said it's not fair to compare 2 products that are entirely different but I will never run amsoil products after they market a product that is that poor. Just food for thought

Here are some other peoples opinions on interceptor http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forum...20-amsoil.html

Last edited by Tag; 11-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tag
After running amsnotoil in my sleds and amsoil costing me 1 bottom end and 1 top end in 2 years I switched back to Polaris synthetic blend and have not had an issue since.

I understand that comparing 4 stroke oil/trans and dif oil too amsoil interceptor which is a 2 stroke oil is not a fair comparison by any means, but after researching more about amsoil interceptor and finding out that numerous people have had engine issues resulting in dry cranks/bearing/rings with no lubrication on them.

Like I said it's not fair to compare 2 products that are entirely different but I will never run amsoil products after they market a product that is that poor. Just food for thought

Here are some other peoples opinions on interceptor AMSOIL??? - HCS Snowmobile Forums
that was'nt amsoils fault that was the crappy polarisnogoodsnowmobile motors...

Last edited by Kojack; 11-21-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Amsoil hype? Lets find out!