Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Air conditioning issue

Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I went I asked about the kill switch, and they informed me if they saw it in my jeep they would void my warranty which I have over 2 years left on .....
Old 04-19-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joevan29
When I went I asked about the kill switch, and they informed me if they saw it in my jeep they would void my warranty which I have over 2 years left on .....
Then let them keep replacing the fan. Its not the water getting into the fan. Its when the fan is running and you hit the deep water that kills the fan, that's why you need the kill switch.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's my view on it, plus avoid deep water for, maybe get the jeep a little higher up off the ground.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joevan29
That's my view on it, plus avoid deep water for, maybe get the jeep a little higher up off the ground.
I just pull of the electrical connector for the fan before I cross any deep water, though a kill-switch would be handy I suppose...

Quick Reply: Air conditioning issue