Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Air Cleaner Rubber Grommets Part #

Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Air Cleaner Rubber Grommets Part #

I want to re-install my stock airbox (Mopar CAI currently installed). I have been unable to locate a part # for the rubber grommets that the air box fits into. They sit under the air box. I had the CAI installed at a shop and even though I asked for all the parts taken off, I didn't get the grommets.

Can anyone suggest a part # for said grommets. It would be greatly appreciated. I want the CAI gone!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RenegadeUL13
I want to re-install my stock airbox (Mopar CAI currently installed). I have been unable to locate a part # for the rubber grommets that the air box fits into. They sit under the air box. I had the CAI installed at a shop and even though I asked for all the parts taken off, I didn't get the grommets.

Can anyone suggest a part # for said grommets. It would be greatly appreciated. I want the CAI gone!
LOL! I went through this a few months ago. Turns out that the runner grommets you seek are not available separately, but rather only as part of, here it comes, the BATTERY tray assembly! The parts guy at my dealer couldn't believe it either and actually called their hotline and had a tech check on it. Nope, not available separately.

I ended up getting one from a friend, but had he not had one, I'd have been out of luck.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:31 AM
JK Freak

Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

Can anyone advise the inner and outer dimensions for said grommet?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-11-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Ok. Thanks for the heads up.

Can anyone advise the inner and outer dimensions for said grommet?

Just need the OUTER dimension now. That is the dimension of the hole that the grommet secures into!! Come on Jeepers help a brother out!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

3/8" ID x 11/16" OD (I hope)

Old 06-14-2013, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The whole airbox design really ticks me off. Don't know about other years, but on the '12 you have to remove 2 bolts on the top of the radiator to get the air filter out. And the last time I changed the filter, one of the hinges on the box for the 4 spring latches broke. I had to remove the box (and saw for the first time the rubber grommets of which you speak) in order to fabricate a new hinge.

If you can't find the grommets separately, it could be that you can find something at a hardware store that you can adapt for the grommets. I'm thinking that a piece of thick-walled clear plastic tubing of the right inner and outer diameter could be sliced and glued in place. Or use tubing of a larger diameter with a piece of smaller diameter inside it (concentric circles).

Of find a forum member who replaced their air cleaner with an aftermarket unit; perhaps they can dig out the grommets and send them to you.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

A good source for just about anything to build just about anything is McMaster Carr. I'm sure you could order grommets from them. They probably have a variety pack of assorted sizes.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
A good source for just about anything to build just about anything is McMaster Carr. I'm sure you could order grommets from them. They probably have a variety pack of assorted sizes.
Yessir, just ordered what i believe to be the proper grommet from them. Once i confirm i will update this thread with the information.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 141 Posts

Yessir, just ordered what i believe to be the proper grommet from them. Once i confirm i will update this thread with the information.

I once had a Polaris ATV. A vibration dampening motor mount broke. The Polaris dealer wanted about $300 to do the repair. I found the exact mount at Mcmaster for around $10. It took about 10 minutes to install. That company is fantastic. Such a variety of items available for immediate shipping.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Nice. Yeah oddly enough i measured the OD as 3/4" but it might have been a 16" smaller. I checked their grommet sizes and there she was 3/8"x11/16" perfect! I hope!

Quick Reply: Air Cleaner Rubber Grommets Part #