Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Air / Bug Deflector ??

Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air / Bug Deflector ??

Yes or No

I've been getting alot of black flies and misquitoes on the windshield.

Will the air deflector work?

Do you guys think it looks ok?

I am putting black trim things on my jeep.

thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure it will most likely have a positive affect, but I doubt it will completley solve your problem. As for how it looks, its your JK, as long as you are happy with it nothing else matters!!!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I think they look like shit personally but it's your jeep... they don't really deflect bugs.... more like catch bugs. Check out the clear 3m bras
Old 05-29-2009, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, P/W, I've heard they don't do a thing....The front clip/grille on mine REALLY collects bug juice, but at least most stations have squeegies for the glass
Old 05-29-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

i have one on my jeep and it doesnt do anything unless you are doing around 80 or 90 all the time.. then it only deflects to the upper middle part of the windshield.

the only reason it is on there is it was there when i bought it and it doesnt bother me enough to take it off.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

I had one of these on an old pickup truck. It stopped some bugs but it caught more leaves and debris than it was worth. I ended up finding a small bug ecosystem behind the thing when I first cleaned it out.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have one one my jeep. i can't say it deflects bugs off the windshield but it did help with reducing the hood bouncing
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Cool

I've had em on several pickups and they reduced bugs on the windshield a lot. I was prob doing 50k interstate miles a year up and down the east coast and when I got to SC and GA/FL......damn! Mosquitoes like small birds were splatted all over! Can't say they would help my/your JK but if its a bad problem, buy one and try it out. Go with a name brand if possible.... Lund, etc. Auto Parts stores brands aren't as good.

Joke: What's the last thing that goes through a bugs mind when he hits the windshield?

HIS ARSE
Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I've got one and

It doesn't help to prvent bugs hitting on the windshield, but it sure helps to prevent bugs hitting on the hood.

I do actually like the look with it.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

You JK has a flat window that sits at roughly 110 degree sloped angle. Those bugs are coming for ya. Don't get the "bug/wind" deflecter. It won't do shit.

Quick Reply: Air / Bug Deflector ??