Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

advice on buying a 2014 oem premium soft top

Old 11-17-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on buying a 2014 oem premium soft top

So I'm heading out tomm to view an unused 2014 OEM premium twill soft top. It's still in the boxes and the top is still wrapped up..Never used.

I'm just wondering if there are certain things I should do with it while assessing it. I'm definitely going to unroll it check for any cuts etc. Are there things to assess on the material (I know to look for black diamond on inside material for premium). How about zippers, windows, frame, frame motion..Anything you can suggest.

It also comes with all the mounting materials so I'll make sure I get all of those.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Al
Old 11-17-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well it sounds like you have a good handle on it to me. Also make sure you get the brackets from him that are mounted to the roll bar at the factory so he may not think of those. You also want the bolts that attach said brackets. Make sure you get the brackets that snap on the rail for the rear tail gate bar as well. Seems like they sometimes come up missing. And of course tail gate bar and door surrounds. Search youtube for an installation video (Bestop has a good one for the Supertop NX which is almost identical) so you know exactly what parts are required.

Bet you're getting a good price at the start of winter weather.

Last edited by 14Sport; 11-17-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

THanks for the info 14sport. I'll have a look at the you tubes to get a good idea on the parts. Seems like a decent fellow.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Al Gilliland
THanks for the info 14sport. I'll have a look at the you tubes to get a good idea on the parts. Seems like a decent fellow.
You're welcome, Al. And welcome to the forum. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Make sure you get the roll bar mounts the new tops are two piece for removal as stated

Quick Reply: advice on buying a 2014 oem premium soft top