Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

AC Condensor

Old 11-20-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Condensor

Jeep is leaking coolant it looks like from what I believe is the hose that comes out of the top right side of the AC condenser, at least i think it's the AC condenser. It's the part that sits directly in front of the radiator and covers most of the face of the radiator. There are two hardline hoses that come out of the top right side and terminate at a square "junction" type box near the coolant reservoir which has two silver hardlines coming out the other side which appear to connect into that box. i know pictures would be great here. at any rate it seems that the coolant is leaking at the junction of that box and the two hardlines that go into the condenser, so in looking at what i believe is part number 55056726AA this is all one assembly that then connects into the silver lines noted above. all this to say, has anyone replaced this and is it difficult to do. It looks to me like it would involve simply draining the coolant from the radiator drain valve, removing the front grill, removing 4 bolts that hold the condenser in place, and removing the two bolts at the "junction" box at the two silver lines, replacing in reverse order and adding coolant back into the radiator. is that all there is to it, or are there any seals/gaskets/hoses anywhere that I'm missing? any help would be great.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't know what year your jk is but I've replaced my condenser. Didn't have to do anything with the radiator or coolent. Mines and 08 and has the trans cooler as part of the condenser. No major problems just a real pain to get to some bolts.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and remember its not "coolant" in the condenser that you drain out.. it is HIGH PRESSURE refrigerant.. if your A/C still works it will sit standing at 100 PSI or more.. dont just take it apart without recovering the regrigerant..

after replacing the condenser (and its O-Ring seals).. you must vacuum it down and recharge the specified weight of R-134a back into the system.. (or have a shop do th vac and charge part.. ) it will COST at a shop..
-Christopher
Old 11-21-2013, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also I ordered a new condenser from rock auto for $85 and then pick up a package of AC O rings from advananced auto

Quick Reply: AC Condensor