Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ABS and traction control lights

Old 04-12-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and traction control lights

K all last week I had my ABS, ESP, and the bad lights come on. I replaced the ABS/brake sensor and they went off. They came on again again and then replaced the drivers side today. They didn't go off this time.
Does anyone have any ideas or had this problem??
This is all on the front suspension.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

I had this problem on my way to get my Jeep aligned after lift. It was because toe-in was off.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Granger
K all last week I had my ABS, ESP, and the bad lights come on. I replaced the ABS/brake sensor and they went off. They came on again again and then replaced the drivers side today. They didn't go off this time.
Does anyone have any ideas or had this problem??
This is all on the front suspension.
Have you done any mods to suspension ? Is your steering wheel centered ? If not that could cause that , jeep thinks it's going into skid !
Old 04-13-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
Have you done any mods to suspension ? Is your steering wheel centered ? If not that could cause that , jeep thinks it's going into skid !
This is soooo true. I had no idea my jeep had a sensor in the steering wheel. Found out the hard way but it was an easy fix
Old 04-13-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure if this is relevant but this happened to me after wheeling trip(lots of mud).. both lights were on all week.. powerwashed the Jeep again thoroughly and light never came back
Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had my rear wheel speed/abs line mashed in my bumpstop. And also melted to the exhaust. Seperate times lol both times all of that came on

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends
Old 04-13-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm really thankful for all of the info. I'm going to reset the steering wheel tomorrow and also check the M37 fuse. Like I said I've replaced both front sensors and hopefully this will fix it. I will keep informed after I reset.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Granger
I'm really thankful for all of the info. I'm going to reset the steering wheel tomorrow and also check the M37 fuse. Like I said I've replaced both front sensors and hopefully this will fix it. I will keep informed after I reset.
Did you find the solution? I just replaced my dash frame which required me to strip everything out to the firewall and when I put everything back together, my ABS and TC lights will not go off. My brake lights are constantly on too... Not sure what I did wrong when I put everything back together, but I am almost certain it must be a loose ground or connection somewhere...

Quick Reply: ABS and traction control lights