Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ABS and Traction control light won’t clear

Old 01-31-2023, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
There is a large abs connector under the hood. Driver side I believe. I simply disconnected that connector block and sprayed liberally both sides with deoxit spray. Reconnected and the problem went away, never to return. Maybe a different spray would have worked. Or maybe simply disconnecting and reconnecting is what did the trick. Obviously my issue was a poor connection in that connector.

appreciate it. Going to give it a try. I’m assuming you mean that connector right next to the abs module?
Old 02-01-2023, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How did they determine that the wiring is all ok? I had similar issues with mine (light wasn't constant though, it would come on when going over bumps or ditches) and I thought it was the sensor too, but after pulling the wiring out of the sleeve I found a spot where it was starting to break. It was the spot about a foot from the sensor where they put a tight loop into it, the wiring was all brittle and was making an intermittent connection.
The following users liked this post:
BLVCK_JEEP (02-01-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peachferrari
How did they determine that the wiring is all ok? I had similar issues with mine (light wasn't constant though, it would come on when going over bumps or ditches) and I thought it was the sensor too, but after pulling the wiring out of the sleeve I found a spot where it was starting to break. It was the spot about a foot from the sensor where they put a tight loop into it, the wiring was all brittle and was making an intermittent connection.
they said they followed it from the sensor up, and everything looked good. I’ll make sure to ask about it when i pick it up. Haven’t heard anything from them today though so we’ll see. Also going to do what was suggested about the deoxit on the connectors

Quick Reply: ABS and Traction control light won’t clear