Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ABS and Traction control light won’t clear

Old 01-28-2023, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and Traction control light won’t clear

Im new here and have searched all over but haven’t seen anything specifically with my issue. Maybe i overlooked it but here it goes. Abs and traction control lights popped up. Jeep started to ride funny around 45-50 mph. All the usual stuff that others have posted in regards to the symptoms of it. Hooked it up.. Code C102B. Swapped it out. Lights don’t clear. Hooked up scanner to clear code. Went off then came right back on. Drove it for a while lights never went off. Before I changed the sensor it would come off and on through your the drive n sometimes stay off for a couple days even before coming back on. I disconnected the positive battery terminal to try and reset, lights still on. Wondering if I’m missing anything here or could it be wiring issue. But the jeep is driving like normal before i got the warning lights and code for the sensor. No more feel of loss of power or struggling to change gears or lurching forward around the 45-50mph mark. Drives great honestly just the lights won’t clear. My first jeep and new to a lot. Sorry if this is answered somewhere if so kindly appreciate pointing me in the right direction. Sorry for the long winded post.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 380 Likes on 355 Posts

Welcome to JKF.. Good group here with much experience and ready to provide suggestions. Check out this site: https://www.engine-codes.com/c102b_jeep.html
You did note replaced the RR sensor so now it would lead me to check the wiring for rub, chaffing, breaks..
The following users liked this post:
BLVCK_JEEP (01-31-2023)
Old 01-29-2023, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to JKF.. Good group here with much experience and ready to provide suggestions. Check out this site: https://www.engine-codes.com/c102b_jeep.html
You did note replaced the RR sensor so now it would lead me to check the wiring for rub, chaffing, breaks..
i just drove it this morning and was coming to a stop and felt the traction control kicking in then after started driving horrible. Like loss of power and grinding noise like the jeep couldn’t shift into gears properly. Pulled to the side of the road and then it seemed to drive fine at low speed. But parked it, didn’t want to risk it. Going to have to take it to a shop and see what they can figure out
Old 01-29-2023, 12:16 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLVCK_JEEP
i just drove it this morning and was coming to a stop and felt the traction control kicking in then after started driving horrible. Like loss of power and grinding noise like the jeep couldn’t shift into gears properly. Pulled to the side of the road and then it seemed to drive fine at low speed. But parked it, didn’t want to risk it. Going to have to take it to a shop and see what they can figure out
Could be bad wheel bearing.
Got this around 75,000
Thought it was just a speed sensor at first as that what the scanner pointed to
Disconnected the connection for that wheel and drove around OK but with both ABS & traction lights on.
BLVCK_JEEP (01-31-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Did you replace that with a new factory ABS sensor in the rear? If not, it's not absurd to think the new sensor could be an issue. I'd swap the sensors from driver to passenger and see if the code flips sides. If not, then I suspect it's in the wiring. There have been a couple members that had luck cleaning the ABS module with DeoxIT. I do recall a member having to trace the wiring from the back forward and finding a faulty spot that needed repair. Thinking that would be less likely on a 2017.
BLVCK_JEEP (01-31-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

That was me that did the deoxit spray on the big ABS connector under the hood. I forget how many years ago that was, but the Jeep has been perfect ever since that day. Prior to that I replaced the LR sensor and the LR connector which did not fix the issue.
BLVCK_JEEP (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the responses. It’s currently at the shop as i wanted to check the issue asap and don’t have a garage to try n get things done myself wit the weather we been having here. Most i was able to do was replace the sensor. Hopefully they find the issue if not I’m goin to try what y’all have recommended. Ima look for the deoxit you guys have mentioned.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Update.. they said they checked everything wheel bearing fine. Wiring fine. That it’s a sensor. Swapped the sensor and it’s still having the issues and lights not going off smh. So looking at bout $500 so far smh. They’re going to look at it again in the morning
Old 01-31-2023, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
That was me that did the deoxit spray on the big ABS connector under the hood. I forget how many years ago that was, but the Jeep has been perfect ever since that day. Prior to that I replaced the LR sensor and the LR connector which did not fix the issue.
do i have to take anything apart or how did the process all work?
Old 01-31-2023, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

There is a large abs connector under the hood. Driver side I believe. I simply disconnected that connector block and sprayed liberally both sides with deoxit spray. Reconnected and the problem went away, never to return. Maybe a different spray would have worked. Or maybe simply disconnecting and reconnecting is what did the trick. Obviously my issue was a poor connection in that connector.
BLVCK_JEEP (01-31-2023)

Quick Reply: ABS and Traction control light won’t clear