Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

ABS, Traction Control, Brake light on.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS, Traction Control, Brake light on.

Hi, everyone hoping everyone is doing good. I'am new to JK-Forum site. I own a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 80,000 recently I been getting all this three lights on ABS, Traction Control, and Brake light on, along with the check engine. I'am using Superchips Flashpaq scanner to get the codes.When all this light come on my Cruise Control don't work, and my Odometer don't function, loss of power. Limp Mode my automatic transmission don't shift appears to stay in 2nd drive. Some times it will shifts trough all the gears but it feels erratic shifting. Usually this Codes come on when ABS, Traction Control, and Brake are on. P2638 Torque management feedback signal performance, P0369 Camshaft position sensor intermittent bank 1 sensor 2, U1110 Lost wheel speed message, U1120 Lost wheel speed distance message, U0121 Lost Communication with Anti-Lock Brake Module, U140A Implausible right front wheel speed signal received.
The first time that this happened was one year ago and I was driven at 60 MPH when I landed in pothole. Some times I reset with scanner just to keep it driving, but sometimes I need to disconnect the battery cable to reset or that don't reset it I move the sockets of the fuse box and it has helped.
When the light are off and check engine light is off the transmission shift properly. I took it to the Dealership Rogers&Rogers Jeep and they wanted to charge me $5000 to repair the transmission, the only thing they did was to fix a Airbag Recall. I took the Jeep to another transmission shop and they stated that my transmission was in perfect conditions.
This Lights come and go. some times I get some of the "P" codes as well some of the "U" Code too.
I got 3.5 Rubicon Express lift

Any body that can help?
4:10 Gears (calibrated with superchips)
Transmission oil & filter changed was done at 60,000 miles
Old 08-15-2019, 04:19 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi!

Welcome to JK Forum!

I'm moving your question to the Wrangler tech forum, I'm sure some one will offer a couple items to check. Thank you for joining and good luck with your Jeep!

Bob
Old 08-16-2019, 11:18 PM
JK Newbie

thanks you
Old 08-17-2019, 02:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I'm inclined to say that there are multiple problems here. However, if all of this started at the same time, then it's possible that there is one common cause--perhaps a loose connector carrying signals for a variety of systems. I'd suggest pull up the TIPM (where the fuses are located) and check the connectors on the bottom of it. Ensure each one is seating properly, and maybe even pull each connector and check its condition. I'd also do visual inspections of the rest of the cabling to see if anything appeared loose. Also, a weak battery can cause a great many weird problems. Check its connections for security and cleanliness, and have it load tested.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Is your steering wheel centered? I'm thinking along the lines of the drag link is not properly adjusted, caused by the jarring of the pot hole. It could also be a pitman arm/steering box issue. A misaligned drag link has been known to cause limp mode problems. I would take it into a shop and have a steering alignment check and have them inspect your entire steering linkage.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:22 AM
JK Newbie

I just had this happen in my 2011 Wrangler 2 door. Left the store - smooth driving - no unusual events. All of sudden I noticed both the ABS and Traction lights were on. I think the brake light may also have been on. I made it home with no problems. Went out the next morning and tried to drive the Jeep - it went into Limp Mode. I went to Autozone and bought a Innova 3040e for $99 because I needed it immediately. I highly recommended buying a good code reader before you need it so you can get a good deal.

Anyway, the code reader helped a lot. It found code C1027 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor Erratic Performance. I cleared the code. I have not driven the Jeep yet. I'm calling around to see if I can get somebody to replace both rear sensors today. I'm not sure I've I'll be able to drive to the garage......but maybe.

It would be nice if I could just disable the Traction (ESC) and ABS, but I'm not sure how.

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a similar problem in my wife dodge caravan not in my jeep though come to find outcit was a rear wheel bearing that had the rear wheel speed sensor built in. I would be inclined to think that could be a one of your problem or something along those lines
Old 10-24-2019, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default ABS, Traction Control, Brake light on. "FIXED"

Just want to say thank you to all the members of this site and specially to the ones that game me all that valuable information regarding my issue. I followed every single step that you guys mentioned to me, but even like that the problem was there.at the end I had to take it to a mechanic shop. The issue was the Camshaft Connector on the passenger side by the firewall, it got replaced.
Thanks You, guys.

Quick Reply: ABS, Traction Control, Brake light on.