Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

? about Rubi shocks for smoother ride

Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're wanting to stay OEM, use Sahara shocks. They're the same style shock as the Rubicons, but have softer valving.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about skyjacker shocks?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't think smooth ride and jeep could be in the same sentence? LMAO
Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put gas adjustable shocks in and dial in the ride you want.

The 2 door springs may ride like ass on a 2 door Jeep, but they may work nicely on the heavier 4 door.

Given that and the host of assumptions above: Get a set of 2 door Sahara springs for your 4 door X.

x2 on the body roll concern though.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

X3 on body roll, I'm not sure id mess with trying to make the ride softer, Although i hear ya on liking the the jeeps soft top and so on but maybe the wrangler is not the right rig for you, take Grand Cherokee for a ride and comparison.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

I dunno....I just put Rubi shocks/coils on my 4-door (from a 4-door rubi) and the ride is stiffer....meaning less body roll, handles better kinda, but NOW I don't feel every dam bump, crack in the road....it's a smoother ride. I mean night and day. I go over the same roads, same spots/bumps and I got so used to bracing for them and hating that it rattled the jeep....and now it just travels right over everything with barely a noise.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
I upgraded from stock X springs to the Rubi springs. They are much stiffer.
There have been a myriad of spring combinations on JKs. My 2008 X with the optional "heavy duty" suspension has the same spring part numbers that we found on a 2010 Rubicon.

I've driven a friend's X that rode much softer than mine. Different spring part numbers....

The various spring combinations JKs have been delivered with can be found in a thread in the JK Talk forum.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by dblhelx
I dunno....I just put Rubi shocks/coils on my 4-door (from a 4-door rubi) and the ride is stiffer....meaning less body roll, handles better kinda, but NOW I don't feel every dam bump, crack in the road....it's a smoother ride. I mean night and day. I go over the same roads, same spots/bumps and I got so used to bracing for them and hating that it rattled the jeep....and now it just travels right over everything with barely a noise.
Thats exactly how mine drives with the 2 DR Rubi springs in and Old Man Emu soft shocks. I feel every bumps and crack in the road like Im hitting a landmine. The rear axle like to dance around too over rough patches and "waves" in the road.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, I put a Rubicon suspension on my 2007 X. I would agree that it is definately NOT softer on the highway. The advantage as stated is that it will not fully compress as easily. This is a very good thing off road.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, you have 2 solid axles....your X's ride is about as soft as it can possibly be unless you look into air ride suspension, then you can try to dial it in to your liking and needs.

Quick Reply: ? about Rubi shocks for smoother ride