Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

About to make a 2009 Rubicon purchase.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to make a 2009 Rubicon purchase.

Hello all, I am new to the forum and I am looking at ordering a new 2009 rubicon 2 door, 6 spd, hardtop in flame red. Basically the only other options I want are an engine block heater, and the tinted windows. I talked with multiple dealers and one in particular has given me the best price I could find at $25,120 + tax, title, fees. Most everyone else was at least $1000 more than this price, and in addition the general manager of the dealership told me that they would be willing to guarantee the price (including the EPP and current incentives) even if Chrysler discontinued the program (supposed to end on 3/2/09) and the incentives were lower when the Jeep arrived (4 weeks they are telling me.) He also told me that if the incentives are better at the time of purchase, that I would be eligible to recieve the better pricing. This seems like a great deal, but I would like some input from the forum members as to what kinds of prices are being had on similar Jeeps around the country? Also, do I buy now and assume that the pricing is about as low as its going to get, or wait and hope that the prices will come down much further?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome to the forum! Can't help you on current prices, but any deal you make, GET IT IN WRITING before signing on the dotted line. As for prices going down that is any body's guess. The big question is are you able to enjoy your new Jeep right now? If so, maybe the wait for a better deal that might not happen isn't worth it. It sounds like you found what you want so maybe now is the time? Good luck to you. Happy Jeeping!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Honestly, I think it's better to buy a low mileage used jeep thats still covered by the warranty. I bought mine with a hair over 2000 miles on it (I still consider that new) and paid about the same price as a new Rubicon, but had a 4 in lift and 35 in tires already on it. But then again, I got lucky, it came with all the stuff I wanted on it, and nothing I didn't (like power windows or a hard top). But for 25K total, thats still a little less than I paid for my used one, so I would say that's a pretty good deal.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:12 AM
JK Jedi

I just put out feelers on a two-door Rubicon and the initial price I got back was about $5K off sticker with the current incentives, if dealers will negotiate more off that and offer great (like 0%) APR terms then it seems like a good time to buy. We'll see what happens.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I have to ask. Why a block heater in Florida?

Good luck on the negotiations.

Cheers,

Russ

P.S. - My Red '09 2dr. X came in at 4K under sticker and 48 mo x 0% (with a paperclip and stick of gum down).
Old 02-25-2009, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

I know someone was going to ask about the block heater, basically I just moved down here from Minnesota for a career opportunity and do plan to be returning fairly often and possibly in the winter.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only issue with buying it used is that the Lifetime Powertrain warranty is non-transferable. Then again if you mod the heck out of it they probably won't cover it anyway.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

Not being smartass but, unless someone's priority is climbing rock's, why pay $$for Rubicon?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Thats a pretty square deal bro. I picked up my 09 black four rubi with a block heater,freedom top and basic power group for 26500.0 percent financing was the kicker for me.i think your getting a solid shake.ive noticed alot of ppl overpaying.lol suckers.buy buy buy and have fun bro! Woot
Originally Posted by explorer2030
Hello all, I am new to the forum and I am looking at ordering a new 2009 rubicon 2 door, 6 spd, hardtop in flame red. Basically the only other options I want are an engine block heater, and the tinted windows. I talked with multiple dealers and one in particular has given me the best price I could find at $25,120 + tax, title, fees. Most everyone else was at least $1000 more than this price, and in addition the general manager of the dealership told me that they would be willing to guarantee the price (including the EPP and current incentives) even if Chrysler discontinued the program (supposed to end on 3/2/09) and the incentives were lower when the Jeep arrived (4 weeks they are telling me.) He also told me that if the incentives are better at the time of purchase, that I would be eligible to recieve the better pricing. This seems like a great deal, but I would like some input from the forum members as to what kinds of prices are being had on similar Jeeps around the country? Also, do I buy now and assume that the pricing is about as low as its going to get, or wait and hope that the prices will come down much further?
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Because it comes with great offroading bfg's.tru loc.besides knowing that a mountain wont stop you gives u peace of mind.besides tru ballers go all out
Originally Posted by JKRINGO
Not being smartass but, unless someone's priority is climbing rock's, why pay $$for Rubicon?

Quick Reply: About to make a 2009 Rubicon purchase.