Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

540 miles and an oil leak?!?! AHHH

Old 05-06-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 540 miles and an oil leak?!?! AHHH

I pulled up into my driveway after work today and saw what I thought was an oil spot on my driveway. I got out --WTF? sure enough- it looks like its leaking from around the transfer case. I havent even been off of pavement. Bah off to the dealership.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

OOPS didnt mean transfer case. Transmission was what i meant. Anyway- went to the dealer today they said oil filter was not tightened all the way. They "fixed it".Ok.
Drove it home, pulled into the driveway. Got out looked underneath -- holy #$% oil dripping on my driveway AGAIN . Called the dealer, he said bring it in. Said on "O" ring needed to be replaced. Didnt have the part - surprising huh:toung: . Gave me a dodge caliber and said it will probably be a couple of days.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Well after all that it was the timing cover? Anyway my wife made a big stink about it to the dealership. She likes to fight- so I said go at it. You know "its brand new , you sold me a defective vehicle-blah blah blah". I dont want it back, i want a new one. Sorry ma'am thats what the warranty is for. She said ok you will hear about it on the survey.
The manager did a 360, I will let you trade in yours and give you the most i can and give you a break on new one. They gave me $500 less than what i paid for mine. And gave me almost $2000 off of the new one.Anyway I now have a 2door Red Rock X instead of steel blue.

Last edited by wahbob; 05-15-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Wow, lucky break.... I guess.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

so let me get this straight. you had a leak that was fixable on your jk, the one you wanted and purchased. then your wife complained about the leak and you got new jk for less than the first one?

what dealer is this? i need to buy a jk from them in exchange for a bridge.

Quick Reply: 540 miles and an oil leak?!?! AHHH