Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

4x4 Sticy Front End

Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4x4 Sticy Front End

Ok guys, you're probably gonna be like "wat a retard, this has been covered so many times before." So I'm gonna make it quick and simple.
I was hoping someone could give me a link to a thread that talks about the front end sticking in 4x4. I've got an 08 wrangler and when it's in four wheel drive the front tires want to skip when ever I turn the wheel hard to the left or right. They kind of skid on the pavement and it makes it hard to turn. Idk if it's normal, or what I need to do. If you guys could answer this question or point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks,
Nick
Old 12-14-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take it out of 4wd. not intended for dry pavement driving. read your owners manual. you'll learn a lot about your wrangler.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by scamp_71
read your owners manual. you'll learn a lot about your wrangler.
x2. The owners manual is generally a good place to start. And if you are one of the many, many people that complain about : "but I didn't get one!!!", then you go to the main jeep website, plug in your model and year, and download one...

4H Position
Four Wheel Drive High Range—Locks the front and rear
driveshafts together, forcing the front and rear wheels to
rotate at the same speed. This range (4H) provides
additional traction for loose, slippery road surfaces and
should not be used on wet or dry pavement.
And as to the reason - the jK uses a part-time 4wd system, not a full-time or awd. We have nothing to act as a differential between the front and rear axles.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
x2. The owners manual is generally a good place to start. And if you are one of the many, many people that complain about : "but I didn't get one!!!", then you go to the main jeep website, plug in your model and year, and download one...

And as to the reason - the jK uses a part-time 4wd system, not a full-time or awd. We have nothing to act as a differential between the front and rear axles.
Thank you for the info, very much appreciated.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Sticy Front End