Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

4wd light stays on in 2wd

Old 03-21-2015, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd light stays on in 2wd

Was trying to search for my particular issue... I had a hiccup after running a trail yesterday when putting back into 2WD... the 4WD light stayed on and the BAS light flashed and slowed the vehicle down. After a mile or so the BAS light cleared and I drove home without incident. I found the infamous white clip missing from the tcase side and replaced it. 4WD light still stays on when in 2WD, so I pulled the center console and found the other clip cracked... figured ok I'll replace that and should be good... but the 4WD light still stays and flickers when I put it in 4lo... mechanically it feels fine like it shifts into the correct range. Any ideas?? Perhaps a sensor gone bad? Thanks for any help
Old 03-23-2015, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone? I'm thinking it's the switch, but I wanna confirm any known defects before I replace a part... do the detents go bad?
Old 12-03-2021, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Has anyone found a fix?

My 2015 Willy's just started doing this today. Has anyone found a fix?
Old 12-03-2021, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

After you did the fixes, did you clear any / all codes with OBDII scanner ?

Maybe you are good-to-go and are just dealing with an old code ....

Neville
Old 12-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

After doing what Neville suggests I would look at the TC shift lever switch if it still gives trouble. Lower the case a bit, to get at the switch, by undoing the cross member bolts and put a jack underneath. Don't go too far down with the exhaust, cables, wiring, etc still bolted and connected up.

Quick Reply: 4wd light stays on in 2wd