Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

4wd!

Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going with option 3 as well... Heck, they're giving these jeeps away, so I'm sure you can walk away not being as hurt as you think....
Old 01-02-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Option 5 sell the other TJ's and take all that money and buy an atlas, driveshafts, and front rubicon differential and BOLT it in! Throw some 37's under it and call it good, your unlimited would be a beast!

On a side note I have owned a 04 TJ X and it was hooked up with cromoly axles lockers and was awesome but my stock Rubicon unlimited blew it out of the water with 32" tires. I now have a super flexy suspension and 35's under my unlimited rubicon and I can take the whole family and all my gear with me when I go wheeling in Colorado and New Mexico. Your TJ will not be able to do anything near that unless you tow something and shoe horn the kids in the back seat.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lowspeedchase
Yah, I'd imagine the dealership would put on the war paint and begin raping and pillaging right when I brought it up lol
thats by faar the best analogy I have ever heard about taking a jeep to the dealer to do upgrade work.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

accept your mistake and go with option 4. you'll be glad you didn't blow any money on that 2wd boo boo in year or 2
Old 01-02-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your TJ isnt built up and your JK is 2wd, why don't you trade both in for a 4wd rubicon unlimited? and i would recommend keeping the built up rig for the hardcore wheeling because i wouldn't want to mess up my JK..

Quick Reply: 4wd!