Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

430N navigation unit - 2014 Wrangler Unlimited - Maps Unlock

Old 01-20-2015, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 430N navigation unit - 2014 Wrangler Unlimited - Maps Unlock

Second post,

My 430N navigation factory unit is acting up. When you touch Navi a screen pops up 'Can't Unlock Maps'

Anyone experience this? How can I correct this issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	unlockmaps.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	592937
Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't help you find a solution but I'll mention that my UConnect 430N entire unit is currently being replaced by the dealer under warranty for my 2014 JKU Sahara due to issue with the maps. My issue is that when I select the "where to" soft button function my GPS will just freeze and then proceed to boot me out of the function. Everything else with the uconnect is working just fine... its just an issue with the maps. I guess the problem is more wide spread than I thought. I would just take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.. it's under warranty.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The 430n was replaced twice, under warranty, in my '12 JKUR because of navigation-related problems during the first year of operation.
Haven't had any problems since then, however.
It's a pretty good unit, all things considered, given the limitations of a stock in-dash device. Pair it with a more dedicated GPS device (an iPad mini + Gaia software in my case), and there is little excuse for getting lost

As was suggested, take it in as warranty should cover it.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haven't made it back to the dealership yet, anyone else have had a similar issue?

Can I go to any dealership? Just show up and tell service the GPS does not work?

thanks

Quick Reply: 430N navigation unit - 2014 Wrangler Unlimited - Maps Unlock