Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

4 Door removal help

Old 07-16-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Door removal help

Never had doors off before and followed way of lifes instructions,,,But Doors wont lift off hinges.. No I am not that weak! Was going to try and pound them a bit but thought i should ask if anyone had an issue like this before????

thanks ahead of tiime...
Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my buddy had the same problem with his 07'....don't think the guy he bought it from ever had the doors off and the hinges have some visible rust.
Anyways all we did was use the floor jack with a 2x4 under the bottom of the inside of the door and slowly lift it out of the hinges...helps if you have an extra set of hands.
Coat with white lithium grease before reinstalling doors each time and they will come on and off like butter.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

getting the doors off for the first time can be a PITA! make sure you have both nuts off the bottom of each hinge. sometimes a jack with a 2x4 may help. when you do get them off, grease the hinge pin prior to reinstallation
Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

you'll probably have to swing the door back and forth as you pull up. If they've never been off before they'll be a bit difficult. I had the same problem first time I took them off.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The prior owner of mine never had them off. Had to use a 2X4 for leverage against the floorboards or steps and eased it up. Hit it with some white lithium and it's smooth sailing next time. With practice and well greased doors, its a 2 minute job.

Quick Reply: 4 Door removal help