Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

30K Maintenance

Old 09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30K Maintenance

So about to roll over 30,000 miles and trying to get everything I need done. Going to change the transmission fluid, the transfer case oil, and since I am due anyhow the engine oil. The Diffs were just done less the 5000 ago. Wondering I am missing anything.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayhawkJeep
So about to roll over 30,000 miles and trying to get everything I need done. Going to change the transmission fluid, the transfer case oil, and since I am due anyhow the engine oil. The Diffs were just done less the 5000 ago. Wondering I am missing anything.
Coolant. Dunno what the interval is for the JK, but 30k is a good rule for any vehicle.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Alec
Coolant. Dunno what the interval is for the JK, but 30k is a good rule for any vehicle.
Coolant should be good for 100k...

I dont think the transmission fluid needs change at 30k either
Old 09-12-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

30,000 miles / 30 month service from the 2010 Manual

Change the engine oil and engine oil filter.
❏ Rotate tires.
❏ Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
❏ Adjust parking brake on vehicles equipped with four-wheel disc brakes.
❏ Change the manual transmission fluid if using your vehicle for any of the following: trailer
towing, snow plowing, heavy loading, taxi, police, delivery service (commercial service),
off-road, desert operation or more than 50% of your driving is at sustained high speeds
during hot weather, above 90°F (32°C).
❏ Inspect the transfer case fluid.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

check your rear brakes. my research on the forum has led me to believe most people changing rear brakes in the 30k mileage range.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default fluids

Changing the brake fluid/clutch fluid, power steering fluid is a good thing to do also. These fluids are neglected alot . Big tires cause more stress and heat build up and the fluid to burn/discolor. your clutch uses the brake fluid , so when it looks nasty and dirty think of that little slave getting that debri wearing the seals down.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hardcoreoffroad
Changing the brake fluid/clutch fluid, power steering fluid is a good thing to do also. These fluids are neglected alot . Big tires cause more stress and heat build up and the fluid to burn/discolor. your clutch uses the brake fluid , so when it looks nasty and dirty think of that little slave getting that debri wearing the seals down.
Good point on something I had not considered. No clutch but it totally didn't even occur to me about brake fluid. Going to wait a few more miles but it is now on the list.

Quick Reply: 30K Maintenance