Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

303 Fabric Guard - Waterproof and UV Protect Seats & Roll Bar Cover

Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 303 Fabric Guard - Waterproof and UV Protect Seats & Roll Bar Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYmnuMa8ofM I bedlined my tub (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...hreads-238739/), but the seats and roll bar cover left me not wanting to get my Jeep muddy. I applied 303 fabric guard 2 weeks ago to the seats, roll bar covers, and seat belts. Now I'm not afraid to give it hell with the windows out. I wonder how long it will last.

HOW MUCH YOU NEED
I got it at a boat store. 16oz with me putting it on thick was not quite enough for me to do just the front seats (not the back seat), roll bars, and belts. If your going to do this yourself I would at least get the 32oz size. It does sort of stink for a few days.

When trying to find a good product I also ran across "Scotchgard Outdoor Water Shield." You can get that at Wal-Mart. I don't think that it protects fabric from fadeing, so I went with the 303.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mt1040x.jpg
Views:	5657
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	363519  

Last edited by Rooster76; 09-08-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sprayed my back seat with 303 Fabric guard and am concerned about the chemicals. When I sprayed it on the seat it steamed but it could have been the temperature. Now it has been a couple of days and I can still smell it pretty bad. The bottle stated it reacts to certain materials. Did you have a similar experience? Also, how long did it last for you? Thanks for confirming.

Quick Reply: 303 Fabric Guard - Waterproof and UV Protect Seats & Roll Bar Cover